East Sussex County Council

~~~

Yes, this is the Unionist future folks, deny their democratic rights and electronically tag anyone for having an opinion that isn't yours..

That's the other thing liberal lefties do; flip the argument to an extreme which would be funny if it weren't taken seriously

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In a way I think the burning of Nessie is worse, as with Alex Salmond it is a statement on his politics (I still disagree with doing it), but it is hard to claim that Nessie represents anything other than Scotland and Scottish people themselves.

I happened to be reading about the Lewes bonfire traditions a few days before bonfire night (prior to learning Salmond was the intended victim this year) as something reminded me of it. The burning of the Pope and walking under a banner proudly proclaiming 'No Popery' has always slightly angered me, but it was the picture of the Angela Merkel effigy that really shocked me. How can anyone think it is acceptable to represent a German person as a Nazi, based on nothing other than the fact she is German?

On Friday I got chatting about it with someone at work who is from Lewes. She is Catholic and said that she and her family stay in on bonfire night due to the intimidation they face in the town. Apparently the local Catholic priest (the previous one) had an effigy of him made and burned. Hearing these stories it just surprises me that this can be considered acceptable and normal in that community.

In a way I think the burning of Nessie is worse, as with Alex Salmond it is a statement on his politics (I still disagree with doing it), but it is hard to claim that Nessie represents anything other than Scotland and Scottish people themselves.

I happened to be reading about the Lewes bonfire traditions a few days before bonfire night (prior to learning Salmond was the intended victim this year) as something reminded me of it. The burning of the Pope and walking under a banner proudly proclaiming 'No Popery' has always slightly angered me, but it was the picture of the Angela Merkel effigy that really shocked me. How can anyone think it is acceptable to represent a German person as a Nazi, based on nothing other than the fact she is German?

On Friday I got chatting about it with someone at work who is from Lewes. She is Catholic and said that she and her family stay in on bonfire night due to the intimidation they face in the town. Apparently the local Catholic priest (the previous one) had an effigy of him made and burned. Hearing these stories it just surprises me that this can be considered acceptable and normal in that community.

Does she look like a Catholic?

Its an absolute OUTRAGE!!

I hope next years effegie is of Eddie Munster aka Nicola sturgeon. The clowns would double explode. :lol:

So do I. It was funny enough watching the Little Englanders make an arse of themself this year, only for Salmond to lay a sweet smackdown when asked about it. If their seethe at Scotland rolls into a second year, it'll be even more hilarious.

So do I. It was funny enough watching the Little Englanders make an arse of themself this year, only for Salmond to lay a sweet smackdown when asked about it. If their seethe at Scotland rolls into a second year, it'll be even more hilarious.

And talking about clowns,here's king clown. :lol:

Archived