Darvel

Darvel legend

Buffs 7

Darvel 1

Darvel scorer vernon

Well worth a one goal lead after half an hour.

Once buffs equalised we collapsed.

The problems raised their head once again,defending too high a line against a team with pace up top,trying to play offside with no linesman,not clearing lines,in saying that athink buffs are a couple of players short of premier class.

Hopefully if we can defend sensibly we can still finish fourth which would be excellent.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree fuzzy he is a better player in there compared to what we have now we played hurlfurd in the adda cup at the start of the season mom in my opinion when hurlford had the big guns out the week before the big Scottish cup

No fixture next week,it's crucial we get afriendly organised next week to get buffs result out of the system.also if the game was to be off the following week it would mean only 1 game in March, not good enough.

I actually think you have a decent team at Darvel the only problem was when we got back to 1-1 you still wanted to storm forward and were very open and this current team that Buffs have like games like that but you still have had a very good season and of course you still could have a say who goes up as Ardrossan and Lugar still have to visit Darvel.

• 2 weeks later...

Buffs 1

Darvel 1

Scorers for darvel ,ryan

Although darvel got beat on penalties,this was a game where darvels huge effort was deservedly rewarded with a last minute equaliser. I thought every player plus subs deserve full credit and also management for getting tactics spot on.

On another day with a little bit of luck we could have nicked it, the game was pretty even but I felt we had the better chances.

Mom, full squad plus management.

PS, continue the good work against lugar.

A know it's funny seeing a team with no money celebrating a draw because the hard working players worked for it and showed character to get it.... How is it use managed the Scottish again.. Aw aye that's right lets just fling money at Tom dick n Harry then kid on use r a team that's been at the top for years haha the time to laugh would be now

No money ? So none of the Darvel players are being payed ?

Darvel 4

Lugar 2

Darvel scorers vernon, ryan,moodie 2

Another very good result for darvel,2 goals in the first half for darvel settled the team down but lugar were always dangerous on the break.

Lugar started well in the second half and slight naivety in the darvel defence allowed lugar back into the game with 2 quick goals.2 excellent penalty kicks were scored to give darvel the win they narrowly deserved.

Defence coped well,apart from a mad 2 minutes, midfield won the battle and up front we always looked dangerous.

Once again mom, full team.

Archived