Bo'ness United v Arbroath

Jambo'ness

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I decided to take this game in rather than the shite I correctly anticipated at Forthbank. Arbroath strolled it in the second half but in truth Boness more than matched them in the first half and should have gone in ahead. The first goal was a howler when the keeper dithered when he had the chance to pick the ball up. Two of the second half goals were also keeper errors, getting caught in no man's land. Was impressed by Boness' centre half (he had two reasonable chances to score too), and their nippy left winger. Maybe a couple of goals in it would have been a fair reflection, but not 5-0.

Bear in mind Arbroath have given a few second division teams similar hidings this season. Boness were far from disgraced.

I decided to take this game in rather than the shite I correctly anticipated at Forthbank. Arbroath strolled it in the second half but in truth Boness more than matched them in the first half and should have gone in ahead. The first goal was a howler when the keeper dithered when he had the chance to pick the ball up. Two of the second half goals were also keeper errors, getting caught in no man's land. Was impressed by Boness' centre half (he had two reasonable chances to score too), and their nippy left winger. Maybe a couple of goals in it would have been a fair reflection, but not 5-0.

Bear in mind Arbroath have given a few second division teams similar hidings this season. Boness were far from disgraced.

Seems a fair summary to me. No doubt the better side won, although the scoreline's a bit sore. But we gave a decent account of ourselves for most of the game.

Good luck to Arbroath in the next round - hope you had a good day and didn't go into Newtoon Bar...

Arbroath were ok 2nd half, Bo'ness just came out all guns blazing and a million miles an hour and we just couldn't get on the ball, losing battles not getting the 2nd ball and far to slow when we had it really awful 1st half from us, 2nd half clearly the game took it's toll on Bo'ness they looked knackered and although not playing brilliantly we managed to score a few decent goals and in truth should've got more.. Gribben booting the ball into his fans was the biggest heads gone I've seen in ages. Decent day out, different from usual and I enjoyed it, nae pies and burgers instead though? Poor! ;)

First half, Boness full of running caused a few problems. 1 0 was fortunate at ht, but got to be 'in it to win it' got into the areas to score.

Second half, again Boness started brightly but soon ran out of energy. 2nd goal went in and that knocked the stuffing out of their plucky performance.

3rd goal went in and mass exodus of BU support with 'Cheerio Cheerio ringing in their ears. 4th and 5th goal put the icing on the cake for us. To be fair a couple of decent performer within the BU ranks.

A good cup tie today. Bo'ness are a decent side and certainly didn't deserve to lose by 5. Simon Murray was excellent again with his pace and persistence. What a combination with McManus.

The game really turned when Johnstone came on and started to boss the right winger who had been a danger.

Overall a good day away at a smashing wee ground.

A great day out and Bo'ness showed in the first 40 minutes why they have done so well in recent years. I think the combination of Johnstone coming on and the two substitutes for Bo'ness played into our hands. Cracking wee ground, great pitch and the biggest home support we have played in front of all season. More than double when we faced Hamilton Accies!

Good luck for the rest of the season!

A good cup tie today. Bo'ness are a decent side and certainly didn't deserve to lose by 5. Simon Murray was excellent again with his pace and persistence. What a combination with McManus.The game really turned when Johnstone came on and started to boss the right winger who had been a danger.Overall a good day away at a smashing wee ground.

Credit to BU as the first half was far from easy. We were fortunate to go in ahead at the break but when Stoney came on and Bridie moved up we really showed what we are all about. In the end a totally professional display capped off with some clinical finishing. Nice ground as well. ATB to Bo'ness in the rest of your season.

A good cup tie today. Bo'ness are a decent side and certainly didn't deserve to lose by 5. Simon Murray was excellent again with his pace and persistence. What a combination with McManus. The game really turned when Johnstone came on and started to boss the right winger who had been a danger. Overall a good day away at a smashing wee ground.

You'e spot on. Walker had a field day in the first half but was anonymous after the break. Peat, Donnelly & Gribben were abysmal for us but 5-0 was no reflection on the match. Anybody care to confirm if our goal that was chalked off, was offside? If it had stood, at 1-1 we would have had a different game.

Anyway good luck against whoever you draw.

Archived