Assassin's Creed: Unity

Dunning1874

Some of the gear isn't unlocking for me. Played the Heads Will Roll co-op mission earlier to unlock the handmade prowler breeches, completed the mission and they didn't unlock. Same happened with the Food Chain co-op mission.

Unless you have to be a certain rank to unlock it which they conveniently did NOT mention at all

Wish I had bought that fucking season pass now (never thought I'd say that about unity)

The launch of Assassin’s Creed Unity was a highly-anticipated moment for me and for our development teams around the world who dedicated a tremendous amount of energy, passion and skill to the game’s creation. For us, it was the culmination of years of work on new technologies, the development of multiple innovations -- including an all-new game engine -- and an evolution of the Assassin’s Creed franchise’s core pillars. More importantly, we know that it was a highly-anticipated moment for many of you as well, as you looked forward to taking part in the first truly next generation Assassin’s Creed game.

Unfortunately, at launch, the overall quality of the game was diminished by bugs and unexpected technical issues. I want to sincerely apologize on behalf of Ubisoft and the entire Assassin's Creed team. These problems took away from your enjoyment of the game, and kept many of you from experiencing the game at its fullest potential.

We’ve been working hard to fix the problems players are reporting, and the patches we have released so far have resolved many of them. Today, we’re releasing our third patch, which fixes a variety of specific issues related to the game’s stability and performance, matchmaking and connectivity, gameplay and menus. You can find the release notes on that patch here: Patch 3 Notes

To show our appreciation for your continued support, we’re making the upcoming Assassin’s Creed Unity Dead Kings DLC free for everyone. For Season Pass holders, we will also offer the choice of one additional game from a selection of Ubisoft titles for free. More details on the offer for Season Pass holders can be found here: AC Unity FAQ

In addition to the latest patch and this offer, we are committed to delivering further fixes for other issues you’ve raised. In the meantime, please keep your feedback coming – it has been both humbling and incredibly helpful as we continue working hard to improve the overall quality of the game. We are hopeful that with these forthcoming updates, everyone will be able to truly enjoy their Assassin’s Creed Unity experience.

We will continue striving to make Assassin’s Creed one of the most ambitious and innovative franchises on the market, and we thank you for your continued loyalty and support.

Sincerely,

Yannis Mallat

CEO, Ubisoft Montreal & Toronto

• 1 month later...

Just bought the game the other day, must have been patched because I've not experienced any issues. Easy enough to enjoy, still getting used to the new controls however.

When's the DLC's out?

I have been experiencing quite a few problems.

started playing the game, then one of the early missions I couldn't interact with the guy to start a mission.

restarted the game and now I cant get passes an even earlier part because its wanting me to kill someone who I am unable to engage in combat, fortunately he does not attack me but we just end up standing their rather awkwardly.

• 2 weeks later...

This game is irritating me now. There are three or four different currencies, all of which cvan be bought by microtransactions, one of which it appears is almost exclusively microtransactions.

The concept of downloading a fucking app to unlock certain chests to complete the game is also just about the most unappealing shit I've ever heard. Seriously, f**k this game and it's shitey app and it's shitey microtransactions. If I pay £50 for a game, I want to be able to fucking access the entire game at any given point. If it so happens that they MUST add extras, then do so as actul DLC. Instead of trying to get folk to pay £8 to buy imaginary money to get imaginary items.

Oh and f**k online co-op missions as well, the servers are shite and folk always either drop out or the game bugs out.

• 1 year later...

Just been given this as a birthday present. I've never played an AC game before but saw the complaints about bugs when it came out (and now the complaints on here too). Is it playable now or should I quietly put it to the bottom of the pile?

Archived