YouGov Profiles

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scottish football teams cover the entire spectrum of left/right wingedness.

I've plugged various teams, places, political parties, 'likes' etc into that, and not found anything as right wing as supporting Ayr - people who support the BNP, UKIP, read the Daily Mail, like Farage, Clarkson etc are pretty pink by comparison.

Meanwhile, the only thing I've found on there that you could do that's as left wing as supporting Motherwell is writing poetry.

Here are all the Scottish teams that are on there on a scale of left to right wingedness - 1 represents as far left as you can go, 13 is as far right as you can go, and 7 is bang in the middle. And rounded to the closest notch on the scale.

1. Motherwell

2. Dundee, Hearts

3. Celtic, Hibs, QOS

4. Partick Thistle, St Mirren

5. Dundee Utd, Inverness, Kilmarnock, Morton

6. St Johnstone

7. Raith, Ross County

8. Dunfermline

9. Falkirk

10. Rangers

11. Aberdeen

13. Ayr

Consumers of Irn Bru are politically rather left leaning with £500-1000 spare a month, prefer American football over soccer, love lorne sausage, bridies and haggis, neeps & tatties; generally interested in video games and are most likely to drive a Seat.

Aston Villa have the most right wing fans in the premiership. Even more right than BNP members!

I call shenanigans on this survey. The Villa forum I use has a clientele slightly to the left of Lenin! I'm going to start looking for Reynard next game I attend, just in case though.

Archived