Stirling - Night out

JamieT1314

Ive booked the Highland Hotel in Stirling this weekend for a night away with the girlfriend.

Is the hotel any good?

Can anyone recommend some nice pubs nearby? looking for places with slightly older crowd, no chart music blasting, where we can have a few civilised drinks.

The Sherriffmuir Inn used to be a lovely place for a meal but it's a fair drive out. I love that walk up the back of the University past Dumyat but that was a long time ago. Stick around the town but avoid The Fubar near barnton street and Baker street up towards that awful night club Dusk (used to be Rainbow Rocks; had a bad rep)

Actually you should do that walk which is just come out of the Uni and turn right and then turn right at the Meadowpark Hotel and then keep heading up Kenilworth Road and towards Sherriffmuir. Take Dumyat path and then after that come back and head up for a well deserved meal/drink. I love that place (Sherriffmuir and Dumyat that is)

Settle Inn and Nicky Tams look like exactly what we are looking for.

Aye, I know to avoid the Fubar, dont worry about that.

Gonna do either the catle or Bannockburn visitor centre, which one would you recommend?

Visit Wallace Monument first which is right next to the Uni and not too far away from Sherrifmuir. I haven't seen the visitor's centre and the castle's ok but you could do the Ghost walk at night. Davie Kinnaird does that (he plays the hangman) and it's good.

Archived