The Legacy on Sky Arts 1

JustOneCornetto

The Legacy starts tonight on Sky Arts 1 and is another Scandi-drama from the makers of Borgen and The Killing. It's an intense family drama about 4 siblings following the death of their wealthy mother and the critics are mostly praising it as another Danish success. I'll give it a go anyway.

First episode was not bad, obviously used as a scene setter as you get to know the characters and a bit of the back-stories.

Pleased that Sky showed the whole episode without breaks, not aware of any other of their dramas/series that are shown straight through?

Also like the music they use for the trailer, had to find out who it was and came up with this

• 2 weeks later...

I'd call it a slow burner, just watched the 2nd episode which is all about the day of the funeral and is in keeping with Veronika's avant garde lifestyle.

Each of the siblings are interesting and have their own sub-plots which will obviously develop and the older son, Frederik, is already seen as the panto villain. I noticed he had a giant poster of Rammstein in his living room :unsure2:

I'd call it a slow burner, just watched the 2nd episode which is all about the day of the funeral and is in keeping with Veronika's avant garde lifestyle.

Each of the siblings are interesting and have their own sub-plots which will obviously develop and the older son, Frederik, is already seen as the panto villain. I noticed he had a giant poster of Rammstein in his living room :unsure2:

Cheers! I'll maybe keep it and watch in the New Year.

Archived