Do You Support Your Local Team?

Really as long as you don't support the two rodent traps in Glasgow I'm not massively bothered.

But if everyone just followed that simple rule of following your local team it would make for a much better domestic game with our high supporting figures per capita.
It's like picking up dog shit, you know, sure loads of people might not do it but if you don't you're just part of the problem you're always complaining about.

Out of interest does anyone have any statistics showing allegiance to teams in Scotland?

I've read them for places like Serbia and Spain and would be interested to just just how big a percentage of fans in Scotland are fans of certain teams.

But what do you mean local team? Does that mean, in my time as a football fan I should support, Livingston Utd, Livingston, Aldershot, Winchester, Langfield, Hitchin Town, Borussia Moechengladbach, Ateletico Balears, York City, Southampton and now Livingston United again?

F**k that, I support Motherwell cause it was my auld man's team and he took Me in the late 80's early 90's including day trips from most of those places mentioned above.

Edited by Antiochas III

If not, why so?

A lot of the problems with imbalance in Scottish football come from people not supporting their local teams.

I mean I was raised supporting Celtic, I support my local team Partick Thistle now (partly/mostly due to Irish bullshit of Celtic and partly due to them being local team).

If every fan of Scottish football just supported their local team, leagues would be a lot more competitive. Celtic and Rangers would still be bigger due to international support but the gap would be much lower, perhaps low enough for teams like Hearts, Aberdeen and Dundee United tier teams to win it occasionally.

I don't buy into the club loyalty bullshit either and wish others wouldn't, that just contributes to this stuff. If I moved to Ayr I'd support Kilmarnock or Ayr United (whichever was closer) same if I moved to Abderdeen or Inverness etc.

Loyalty is for country, domestically it doesn't matter as long as you support a Scottish club.

But if you care about competitiveness, you should do your part by supporting your local team.

No!

Otherwise I would be an avid Los Angeles Galaxy fan!

But what do you mean local team? Does that mean, in my time as a football fan I should support, Livingston Utd, Livingston, Aldershot, Winchester, Langfield, Hitchin Town, Borussia Moechengladbach, Ateletico Balears, York City, Southampton and now Livingston United again?

F**k that, I support Motherwell cause it was my auld man's team and he took Me in the late 80's early 90's including day trips from most of those places mentioned above.

Yep, although take out non-league teams from that list as has been said.

And non-Scottish teams. So if you move out of Scotland just continue supporting whichever team were your local when you left.

No you wouldn't, MacGafraidh.

I've support Celtic [shivers], Partick Thistle, Aberdeen and Hearts.

Guess I've been lucky in the locations I moved to to generally have a team in the top tier as my local one (although Thistle were in 3rd and 2nd tier most of the time I supported them).

However I genuinely would support a League Two or even Highland or Lowland League team if they were my local since they're part of the pyramid now.

And non-Scottish teams. So if you move out of Scotland just continue supporting whichever team were your local when you left.

Wait, so we should support our local team but only if they are not non-league or foreign, even if the Team we support is a thousand miles away, with hundreds of teams in between :lol:

I believe St.Mirren are the most local team to Glasgow airport

I believe St.Mirren are the most local team to Glasgow airport

Still don't live at Glasgow Airport though when you leave through it. Do you, sweetpea.

Antiochas III, if you want to support a non-league team go right ahead. But I don't think it's reasonable to expect people to support team that isn't part of the pyramid system and so can never be/become professional.

As for living abroad, absolutely. I think if you're Scottish you should always support at least one domestic team.

Edited by marshall2012

Ibrox is the closest ground to where I live. Not a fucking chance.

Jesus Christ do people even read the comments on the first page of a thread before posting in it anymore?

The two rat traps are an exception to this rule.

Supporting either of those "teams" is never justified or advised.

Jesus Christ do people even read the comments on the first page of a thread before posting in it anymore?

To be fair, no I didn't. Much of the thread appears to have been riddled with tedious aliases making an embarrassment of themselves, not the most readable material.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/kenny-shiels-column-i-stand-by-what-1139444

Shiels for Director of Football in my opinion.

Found myself agreeing with most of the comments he made during his (far too short) time in Scottish football.

Didn't really cut it as a manager but as a visionary few compare and he could do great things for the game here.

Dunno how he would go about forcing people to support their local teams without some sort of legal authority but I'd like to see him try.

You must have a micropenis if you support a domestic team for any reason other than locality.

Psych 101 for retards!

Already been explained why you would do it about 1000 times in the thread, m8, you want a more competitive game.

Total fanny..

Firstly i'm not your mate.

Second if you thought I was being serious you're even more of a halfwit than I thought.

Firstly i'm not your mate.

Don't be that guy, bro?.

Oh, right. So you were being sarcastic. Apologies for that, bro, hard to tell through text and other people in the thread were seriously echoing the statement you made, you know.

"That's true you have to be compensating for something if you got latch on to a football team 30 miles away to boost your self esteem."