Cup Semis & Cup Finals

Interesting. Were the official procedures not followed?

14. Matches in all rounds shall be played to a finish. Whenever possible extra time of thirty minutes should precede kicks from the penalty mark. In exceptional circumstances, it may not be possible to play extra time in which case the tie will be settled directly by the taking of kicks from the penalty mark. Deciding upon this course of action is at the discretion of the referee. In order to allow the referee to be able to exercise this discretion, if required, the referee must, in all instances, obtain the agreement of both clubs prior to kick off.

Team lines should be marked and signed by officials from both clubs to confirm that the decision to go straight to kicks from the penalty mark was agreed prior to kick off. The officials who sign the off this aspect should be the same officials who sign off the team lines

http://www.southofscotlandfootballleague.co.uk/LeagueDocuments

I've heard from a Fleet player that no one was asked from their side about it, and actually they weren't aware that this was in the procedure.

It was only when full time went was it brought up. Wigtown were down to 9 men I believe at this point and Fleet looking to have an upper hand?

Surely the right thing would be for the result annulled, and Wigtown to offer extra time to Fleet Star?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wigtown were by far the better and fitter team last 10 mins when it was 10 against 9. A would rather at time played extra time but penalties were the outcome of the refs decision due to poor visual quality

I think that is accepted by all that there was limited sight due to light.

I'm only going on a chat with a Fleet player, and I think that due to the laws not being applied correctly they have a right to feel aggrieved?

SOSL & cups are (AFAIA) the only people in Scottish football which still have this 'choice' aspect. However, there was an odd incident in an EOS Alex Jack Cup tie last season - Gretna v Stirling - when the ref ordered them straight to pens when it should have been extra-time... Can't remember if either side had been reduced to 10 men, possibly one had been. Gretna won 5-4 on penalties. It was ordered replayed, and Stirling prevailed 3-0... Another odd quirk in the 'rich tapestry' of Scottish football.

How anyone can say creetowns pitch is the worst in the league is beyond rediculous, there is nothing at all wrong with creetowns pitch, and I was at the Haig Gordon cup final there last year and Creetown made a fantastic job of staging the cup final!

The park at moffat is the best playing grass surface in this league by a mile. The facilities obviously the school are great and I'm sure the famous star hotel would gladly put up edibles after the game to accommodate players etc no problem. A cup final is normally a great day out so the travelling adds to the excitement. Just a thought.

Trammonford is the worst pitch in the league.
you should have put him right on his spelling of Tram. young M
He probably doesn't know how to spell it himself , maybe havnt learnt that word at school yet
Yes, because the Scottish education has a syllabus on Scottish Football Grounds.
Was just gonna let him away with it as most folk just call it Tram but if u insist on it the ground is called Trammondford Park!! Now YesPlease123 I can guarantee you I am far more intelligent that you must think I am and finally Debian for the syllabus for the Curriculum for Excellence your 100% right... I think!!

Archived