A game where you remember a

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The greatest example of this i have personally witnessed was the 1981 Scottish Cup Final replay. The late great Davie Cooper who had been left out of the team for the first match was brought back for the replay and proceeded to tear Dundee United several new ones in Rangers 4-1 win.

In terms of my team Queens Park the answer in recent times would be Malcolm of Stranraer who always seemed to score against us.

Larsson hat trick in 2001 League Cup Final

Aye, this exactly. I remember we did well until Durrant had to go off injured - then Henrik ran riot. A real "what might have been" had he not gone off, but Larsson's talent was certainly showcased that day. As for when a player ran riot against another team, Kris Boyd always liked a goal against Dundee United when with us and also Naismith in the 2007 LC semi-final at Fir Park v Falkirk. One of my top ten Killie games of all time, the euphoria was palpable. If only we hadn't shat the bed in the final...

At Fir Park in 1990 ish, our first season back up for years and second or third match in.. Davie Cooper tore Saints apart. I remember he had a cast on his arm and was getting stick from the saints support in the enclosure. As he dribbled past on another marauding run he casually held up three fingers to remind us we were getting pumped 3-0. A few folk went mental but I just remember laughing thinking what a legend.

Seem to recall Eoin Jess tearing us apart at McD in 1992, just a short while after making his scotland debut. He was at his peak around then and toyed with us in a 2-0 defeat. Was always disappointed he didn't go onto achieve much more.

Kenny Miller when we got humped 7-1 at ibrox during Hendries top flight season. Every time the ball came to Miller it seemed like mass panic from our defense and fans.

I I was at that game the bloke next to me went for a pie as he came back Miller scored again and he launched the pie which smacked a saints fan on the back of the head . naturally he pointed up at the home support to announce his displeasure and the police pulled out a few out of the home support . the bloke next to me just whispered please don't say anything to the stewards . so I did nt . what a pumping we took tho . fecking horrible

I remember being at Broadwood for a cup tie between Clyde and Dundee. IIRC, Ravanelli came on at half time and scored a hat-trick. He was a class above that night.

A hat-trick in 8 minutes IIRC.

Archived