Morton v Brechin

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I may be looking into this far too much, but our team were all on a night out last night, everyone was there bar McManus...

Where did they go?

I mean, if they were on a night out in Glasgow then there may be something in it, but if they were out in Greenock then it'd indicate he's the only one with any sense in the side.

Eh ?

Edit Sorry. On reading it again I think I got your drift.

All I can say is personally I don't think we have a major problem. A loss of confidence ( which now seems to be returning ) maybe, but certainly no lack of effort.

As i said , we all have to remember the level we play at and that just maybe there are teams with the same ability, drive and determination as us. It is a very tight league with not much between the teams.

12 miles and 10 points

I don't know what was worse giving away a penalty in the last minute or the severity of that smell of shite in the Norseman before the game, never in my puff have I let such a strong marinated smell enter my nostrils, whoever gave birth to that weapon really should see about getting an enema.

I don't know what was worse giving away a penalty in the last minute or the severity of that smell of shite in the Norseman before the game, never in my puff have I let such a strong marinated smell enter my nostrils, whoever gave birth to that weapon really should see about getting an enema.

It was probably the soup.

Selected comments:

Did I consider changing things at that stage? To be honest, I considered changing the personnel, because with the players we had on the pitch I couldn’t change the shape.

I couldn’t stick a man in midfield; there wasn’t one of those who could go into midfield to shore it up a little bit. But, of course I considered changing the personnel before we managed to settle down and started passing the ball.

It’s a tough league and if you’re losing 2-0 and you get a point, it’s something you have to accept with a bit of grace.
It’s not what you want; you want three points. But if you look at the balance of play over the course of the game, I don’t think it was an undeserved point.
Overall you’ve got to be happy with the point. To come back from the brink at 2-0 down to 2-2 showed a bit of courage and determination from the players.
I was most pleased with the way they didn’t shy away from passing the ball. Joe McKee and Jamie McCluskey kept looking to pass it. It’s easy to just lump it up the pitch and hope for the best when there’s 10 or 15 minutes to go and you need a goal, but they didn’t do that and they got a reward at the end of it.
And he caps it off with my personal favourite of all his post-match comments so far:

Overall we were shaky defensively but I thought we played some good football

f**k off, Jim.

You're gloating that a full-time team is 3rd in the THIRD TIER of Scottish football, and six part-time teams (and the glorious Ayr 'we're full time, we have Craig Beattie and all-sorts' United) are doing worse than us?

The only person you should be embarrassed for is yourself*. I know I'm embarrassed for you.

*Obviously I'm embarrassed for Ayr United, but that's permanent.

f**k sake.

It's ridiculous that he can just throw in comments like "They scored a couple of goals and they could have scored another couple of goals" and "We were all over the place defensively".

How can it be even remotely acceptable to make comments saying we were lucky to not be 4-0 down at half-time at home to Brechin? Absolutely disgraceful stuff.

He gives the same shite excuses every time we loose to part- time diddies.

Also, the sooner we get McKee out of the squad the better. He's been consistently pish, despite people thinking he's the next Michael Tidser. Pepper is far better in that role and we generally look a much better side with young Scullion involved.

Lose, or even draw our next game and he should be fired on the spot.

Correct , but I didn't include you world beaters in my generalisation. You are far too good for this diddy league.

At long last you have seen the light. Now come away from the dark side, throw off your burden, sell your hedge trimmer,buy a sky blue scarf, and change your life forever. (councelling is available)

Where did they go?

I mean, if they were on a night out in Glasgow then there may be something in it, but if they were out in Greenock then it'd indicate he's the only one with any sense in the side.

They were all in Newcastle, Crawford was there, so it's not as if it was permanent squad members.

God almighty, Brechin's first goal really is as bad as I remember it. That's four players all going towards the man with the ball while there are two Brechin players unmarked in the box, with Jackson genuinely not having a Morton player within five yards of him. That is absolutely despicable defending and a defence who were well trained throughout the week and well-organised for the game simply would not concede a goal like that. Dreadful from Kilday with the way he lost the ball for the second, but pathetic defending from the rest of them again in terms of recovering their shape.

Howler from Smith for our first, should have been an easy save. I didn't realise how bad those two misses were from Brechin in the first half either, they really should have pumped us.

Archived