• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that today’s warm-up matches are out of the way we can fully concentrate on the big one next Saturday. For me it’s probably the biggest game of the season, not as opposition fans will suggest because we’re playing “the biggest team” (sic), because I think it’s crucial that we win on our return to Hampden if we are to have any realistic chance of challenging for the title. It could also be argued that it’s Clyde’s biggest game too because it’s a game that few of their fans will expect to win, so it would give them a huge boost if they could emerge victorious from this fixture. I originally scoffed at suggestions that this could get 1500 attending, but that was before I knew about the reduced pricing, free vouchers for local residents and free entry for two guests of members so maybe it’s possible after all. Given all the hype that this fixture will receive in this thread during the next seven days, I suspect that a draw will be the most likely outcome with each team just as desperate not to lose as their fans are for them to win.

I suspect that a draw will be the most likely outcome

Nothing each. And the ref will be even-handed and entirely consistent with his decisions. And both linesman will make a useful contribution too.

We can't hit the back of a bus at the minute so if Clyde don't win this game by 3 clear goals then I hope the agitators on this forum do the decent thing and demand that the Clyde board wind-up Clyde FC immediately and put an end to the pain and misery. Remember the life, not the death.

Nothing each. And the ref will be even-handed and entirely consistent with his decisions. And both linesman will make a useful contribution too.

We can't hit the back of a bus at the minute so if Clyde don't win this game by 3 clear goals then I hope the agitators on this forum do the decent thing and demand that the Clyde board wind-up Clyde FC immediately and put an end to the pain and misery. Remember the life, not the death.

^^ getting excuses in early I see.

Can any Queenies confirm if the Edinburgh derby will be on in the social club?

This may sound quite silly, but nowadays I always worry when Clyde play on grass. Will this weeks game bring the same worries for queens considering what they have been used to?

I just worry in general everytime we play :)

Hopefully my worrying will disappear with our new signings

This may sound quite silly, but nowadays I always worry when Clyde play on grass. Will this weeks game bring the same worries for queens considering what they have been used to?

Fair question actually. We didn't cope too well yesterday but to be fair Hampden doesn't have a slope like a toboggan run. Five teams in the league have artificial pitches now which means for those teams only ten games per season are on grass. Same for both teams next week. It'll be as strange for our lads as it will for Clyde.

Archived