P&B running slower than a week in the jail

Elixir

Question

6 answers to this question

Me too ?, the problem only appeared about 3 or 4 weeks ago. When at first logged in everything is hunky dory but after opening pages after pages the browser starts to run very slow.

I opened up the task manager and had noticed the plug-in container for Firefox was well over a Gig in size ???, I am using my older PC that only has 4 Gig of memory and the system resources are being chewed up slowing down Firefox because the browser is storing way way too much info from P&B ???.

I have to shut down the browser and then things run smoothly again until the plug-in container becomes flipping huge again and starts to run slowly again.

I did all the usual things in the browser like updating the plug-ins and removing unwanted or unneeded plug-ins to free up resources but to no avail.

I don't know if Div has changed anything on the forum servers causing my browser to store useless data in my plug-in container running the apps for adds, video, pics & animated Gifs from P&B.

Best if you just close the browser and then restart it afresh until it becomes full again and then close and restart, it's a pain but it does speed up P&B.

It only happens when I am logged into P&B which is why I am thinking there was change from Divs end causing the plug-in container to be extremely huge and have found my browser retaining all the information from all the previous pages I have viewed instead of deleting the info from the plug-in container keeping my PC & browser running at optimal speed.

Mon Div finger oot and resolve this issue please. :)

Archived