Trivia question

glensmad

Absolutely nothing to do with penalties but on the subject of trivia, in an away league match at Shettleston almost 4 years ago, we substituted a substitute twice, and on both occasions the substitute just substituted had also just scored a goal.

Shane Jackson had come off the bench to replace the injured Andrew Crossey. Shane scored the opening goal but had to come off injured just after that. His replacement Craig Murphy got the second goal and he too had to come off injured just after his goal.

So we won 2-0 and the two goal scorers never started or finished the game! And the third sub who replaced Murphy could've grabbed a third near the end!

Nah, I'm not buying that one. Craig Murphy scored a goal ???

Well done Dan, legend indeed.

At 16 yrs of age Jimmy signed with Don Revie`s Leeds utd via Lochgelly scout Andy Young, although unnamed as a substitute, he sat on the bench in the 1975 European Cup Final against Bayern Munich age 16 yrs.

As a youngster I watched Jimmy & my older brother Kenny rip defences apart for Riverside Boys Club in Townhill, a top side at that time.

used to have a goalie called Danny Moy who took our penalties and never missed one,am assuming he saved a few too in some games,Danny played for peasy & East.Kilbride dunno if he took pens for them as well ?

Danny actually finished as our second top scorer one season in the early 2000's, would have to check exactly which one it was.

He did score and save at least one in a penalty shoot out at Lanark on one occasion, although not sure if he did it in normal play anytime.

Will try and check it out.

Archived