Well v Dons Sky football Special 4/1/15

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We looked so much more dangerous when Erwin and particularly Thomas came on. We actually looked to have a threat and the crowd started to believe we may equalise. I'd start Thomas against Dundee since in my 10 years or so watching Motherwell we've never had a left footed winger that I can remember.

Looked like it hit McManus on the head for the penalty but I'd need to see it again. Aberdeen were worthy winners no doubt about that. I'm liking Josh law at right back I'd like to see him start there and I've changed my mind about O'Brien I'd like to keep him now despite his terrible distribution.

Centre midfield would be my priority for us this transfer window as we have nothing in there at the moment. It was a better performance today but it was still weak and there's still not enough fight in our team at the moment

Aberdeen crowd was roughly 1,700 or so.

Thought we were very very poor again until Dom Thomas came on in 70 minutes. With Aberdeen only 1-0 up and a wee bit of a resurgence we started to believe again but the reality was we didn't create one good chance in the match while Aberdeen could have scored 2 or 3 more.

If it wasn't for Thomas I'd probably have my head in the gas oven right now. I want this season to stop.

I thought Aberdeen looked very good (makes our cup win against them look even more incredible) but Motherwell didn't trouble them at all.

The penalty was harsh but it was Collum refereeing and Motherwell didn't give him the option of awarding them one so it had to be for Aberdeen.

Aberdeen worth the 2-0, just hope they can keep it going and everyone lies down to them .

Motherwell have a much easier game next week.

If a goal-bound shot is prevented by a player using his hands then it surely has to be a penalty, regardless of how fast the ball is moving.

If the same thing happened at the other end of the pitch I wouldn't have too many complaints.

Why? It wasn't deliberate, the arm wasn't in an unnatural position therefore no foul therefore no penalty.

If a goal-bound shot is prevented by a player using his hands then it surely has to be a penalty, regardless of how fast the ball is moving.

If the same thing happened at the other end of the pitch I wouldn't have too many complaints.

Nope. I remember Hugh Dallas not giving a 'handball' like that in a World Cup. FIFA had to educate the 'experts' in the media on the rules and that he was correct.

Pretty fucking scunnered with Baraclough tbh.

We've seen none of the promised possession football and high pressing and barring 20 minute cameos, very little in the way of young players getting a run.

What we have seen, however, is the exact same as McCall. More hoofball, 4-4-2, erratic substitutions, failure to bench Lasley, Sutton and McManus and being caught on the counter constantly.

Wouldn't be surprised if Baraclough sold monorails to small towns in another life tbh.

If a player has positioned himself on the goal line with the intention of blocking a shot, then surely any contact with the arm is, by definition, deliberate?

By that logic any time any player gets hit by a ball on the arm it's deliberate. He didn't intend to stop the ball with his arm. He intended to stop the ball by standing there but not with his arm.

Archived