Inverness v St Mirren

A game that was very low on quality and when some good play broke out it led to the only goal of the game. Saints seemed content to sit quite deep and hit us on the counter. Nothing wrong with that of course but from an ICT perspective it was somewhat disappointing how difficult we found the Buddies to break down. We really struggled to get anything clicking in the final third of the pitch. Nick Ross was in for the injured Watkins and he didn't really display much today to suggest that he should be starting in this side any time soon.

Saints had more opportunities to grab the opener with a number of long range efforts. I think it was McLean who had every single shot from distance as well :lol: His best effort from distance beat Brill but not the crossbar and the ball bounced over. Mckay however had the best chance of the first half for both sides when he collected a short pass back and scurried towards goal. Instead of quickly dispatching a shot he dallied and Ridgers rushed out to block his tame effort.

The second half was more of the same until the only goal arrived about 10 minutes from the end. Tansey picked out Raven advancing down the right flank and floated a ball in his direction. Raven controlled the pass and moved beyond his man in one quick movement which left Tesselaar on his backside before he drilled a low ball across the box and Mckay expertly flicked the ball in with a clever back heel. After that ICT nearly added a second when Tansey rifled in a free kick which Ridgers pushed over.

I don't think I can really say it was a deserved win because I thought we were very poor. Aside from the County match we've limped through this festive programme with some unimpressive performances. Perhaps our small squad is starting to burn out a wee bit. The January transfer window will be interesting with players likely to decide their futures one way or another in the next few weeks. Shinnie may not even be here by the Killie game. We shall see.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is gotta be our year for the chop. So many times we've been unlucky, not had the decisions and lost games that in previous years we'd have taken points from.

With no manager how can we strengthen? Who is signing players? What if the new man doesn't fancy them?

What keeps giving us false hope is playing ok and losing by 1 goal. Think we have lost 7 games this season 1-0. A fine margin usually but its a rut we cannot get out of. Only having Thommo up front and him being injured virtually all season and a defence that find it impossible not to concede makes our task incredibly difficult although I do not consider us any worse that any other team in the bottom six. Transfer window will make or break us.

What keeps giving us false hope is playing ok and losing by 1 goal. Think we have lost 7 games this season 1-0. A fine margin usually but its a rut we cannot get out of. Only having Thommo up front and him being injured virtually all season and a defence that find it impossible not to concede makes our task incredibly difficult although I do not consider us any worse that any other team in the bottom six. Transfer window will make or break us.

Plus 4 2-1 defeats.

11 games where scoring or not conceding a single goal would have got us an extra point.

Those points are gone now, and it's going to need a spectacular turnaround to get us to 10th even.

Archived