Tommy Bryce

andy25

Yet another scenario where a committee have been blinded by relative success! Tommy inherited a poor squad,short in numbers and quality and managed them to a scottish cup final. His approach is a modest one and he has undoubtedly turned the glens into a very good footballing side. My understanding is that players and committee for whatever reason thought they knew better and him and his coaching staff were undermined. They will go down the way in my opinion and the fact that the committee are hard working doesn't entitle them to have a valid opinion on team selection regardless of how much they bring in! Poisoned chalice!

Fully agree with the first part of your post, Tam did a good job and from a fans point of view it's hard to see why anyone would want him out. Performances were good and results impressive.

Your understanding is inaccurate according to my understanding.

Ask yourself why would the players create problems that aren't there or make waves for trivial reasons.

Remember the manager signed the players who have now allegedly contributed in his demise.

I do think that the players now have to step up and show there worth.

What happens within a club and what the fans see on a Saturday are very different.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

no much worse than we are the noo,tommy builds teams from scratch and I'm sure he woulda done so again,his was the best team tae play at the vale since the Wullie Kean team of Houston,Mckenzie,lee,Donnelly ect.u no a fan Jook?

Tommy built a great team to win the West, afterwards the downward spiral was dramatic. You would not have the calibre of the player you have now at the Vale under Tommy's stewardship, I think S&C must be backed as the correct formula in my view is not far away.

Once bitten twice shy.Tommy should have learned from his first time at the club.

Good squad of players for new manager but can he trust them 100%, can he trust the committee to back him no matter what?

Any new managers first phone call should be to Bryce...find out where the danger lurks.

Tommy built a great team to win the West, afterwards the downward spiral was dramatic. You would not have the calibre of the player you have now at the Vale under Tommy's stewardship, I think S&C must be backed as the correct formula in my view is not far away.

At the same time though he went to Glens and built a team that reached the Scottish and beat us a few times.5 past Fahey the last time haha.

Tommy's time at Ladeside is done,he is remembered as a good guy that done great things and played excellent fitba...best to leave it at that.

The reason tommy n co resigned is they don't think they will ever b able 2 sleep at night again after losing 2 the worst Cumnock team ever on sat ever (fact) 1 up front at home against a team we could quite easily have taken 10 off a fortnight before plenty on here slating Kinney overweight or not he's an asset 2 our team scoring every other week brought on at half time n proved again why he scores 4 fun most weeks in the top league in junior football sad 2 see tommy n co go good guys who done a great job considering the situation they found themselves in at the start of last season good job for someone should b plenty interest inconsistency and a bit o bad luck was the fault 2 many times this season we were either very good or awful best wishes 2 tommy n cherk tho 2 good guys who gave us some great days

Once bitten twice shy.Tommy should have learned from his first time at the club.

Good squad of players for new manager but can he trust them 100%, can he trust the committee to back him no matter what?

Any new managers first phone call should be to Bryce...find out where the danger lurks.

No danger for any manager coming too glens .. Untill u know reasons u can't really comment

Well it doesn't say much for the glens then when the couldn't beat the worst Cumnock team ever on sat, Cumnock were up 3-0 and cruising and took there foot off the gas the last 10 mins and I would also like to point out that they were missing 6 1st team players then lost another 3 players through injury and replaced them with 2 u17s and a unfit sub

Well it doesn't say much for the glens then when the couldn't beat the worst Cumnock team ever on sat, Cumnock were up 3-0 and cruising and took there foot off the gas the last 10 mins and I would also like to point out that they were missing 6 1st team players then lost another 3 players through injury and replaced them with 2 u17s and a unfit sub

Over 90 mins the trampoline stealers deserved to win.

Overall at the end of the season the table will tell u everything!

Why would the players turn on Tommy and cherk? Fairly simple,the majority of players egos means if things aren't going as well as hoped they look to blame anyone other than themselves! If committee men are then silly enough to listen to their gripes instead of directing them back to the manager the undermining begins! Good managers don't always beat their chest and big themselves up,they just get results! Tommy isn't the type to blame others so won't defend himself by making others look bad,always going to be a bit of a lull after last years scottish run but instead of appreciating last year the players and committee seem to expect it! Look at how beith are run,they accept the bad and appreciate the good,leaf out of how they do their business book! Poisoned chalice and lessons should be learned but am fairly confident they won't!

There seems to be more interest on this topic from more Cumnock fans than anyone else!

A wee bit o advice, worry mair about your own team, if I was in your shoes I certainly would!

And for the record, all the very best to Tommy and Mark, 2 of life's good guys!

Archived