The Next Accies Gaffer...

163 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuart McCall was on ssn yesterday saying accies will always have a place in his heart.

By happy coincidence, MoJo is back in Scotland and he's always wanted to play for Accies.

Rino Gattusso would rip apart whatever good work has been done, IMO.

Ah, but think of it - an Accies manager who's never out of the Sportsound punditry chair, waffling about 'the quality' and answering endless questions about his former employer (within legal reason, of course) and generally being as big a fucking shocker on the radio as that lump o' wid Billy Dodds.

Not inspired at all by a Canning - Beuzelin management team. If we were looking at Dumbarton (and why not - having their most successful spell in over 2 decades) i'd rather we had gone after Murray.

Keith Jacksons saying he's going to be part of the new structure at Accies, wouldn't surprise me if he was in charge of your youth squad, where he's done work for Hibs before.

Keith Jacksons saying he's going to be part of the new structure at Accies, wouldn't surprise me if he was in charge of your youth squad, where he's done work for Hibs before.

That's all well and good, and the youth is an area we needed to address now Neil and McAvoy are away, but what is evident is we really need someone to steer the first team back in the right direction.

From the comments in the paper the other day, the players see Canning as "more laid back" and "less aggressive" than Neil was, ergo they can take the piss a bit and not get a hard time.

Our squad won games with their work rate and aggressive style; if they lose the intensity, they will lose games.

Not convinced by this appointment, and wouldn't be surprised to see the board use it as a stop gap till the summer, by which time we will not be 3rd in the league, and perhaps more attractive to experienced managers as a result.

Has any other caretaker manager got a job with a record of played 3 lost 3 , he looked like fat Sally in the dugout against Dundee United just standing wiith his arms folded , arses need to be booted in that team , not a soft approach , looking like a puppet appointment that Ronnie and Les can play with .

Would like to know what Ronnie and Les see in Canning that suggests he is capable of managing at this level at the moment. P 3/L 3. An awful record. Hope they prove me wrong but I'm far from convinced and feel this is pretty unambitious.

We need some steady nerves here. Ronnie and Les have brought more success to our club than most would have thought possible. Their methods may not be conventional but they do, by and large, seem to be working. Let's give Beuzo and Canzo a chance. :)

We need some steady nerves here. Ronnie and Les have brought more success to our club than most would have thought possible. Their methods may not be conventional but they do, by and large, seem to be working. Let's give Beuzo and Canzo a chance. :)

My thoughts exactly, success brings over expectation and that is certainly the case with some of our fans. Some of the utter tripe spouted by some last night was pathetic.

More than willing to give them a chance, just feel that this doesn't show much ambition given Cannings record the past 3 games and last nights disgrace (let's face it, that was a disgrace). Their last two appointments have been very good though so that has steadied my nerves a bit.

Consider the fact that Canzo was stuck in the stand last night. The way we lined up against Celtic was much better and hopefully we'll take something from having him on the park. Ziggy coming back soon will be a boost as well. Our players haven't become shite overnight. Let's give the team the backing they deserve, whoever gets the job.

Quite happy you're taking Boozy off our hands, never been convinced by him. Murray's been trying out all sorts of 'clipboard' tactics this season that aren't suited to us at all and I'm positive they are influenced by Boozy. Our strengths are catching teams on the break with a rapid attack not possession based, European style fitba'.

Last time I spoke to one of our players I didn't get the impression he was all that well liked, especially compared to Jack Ross.

Archived