Mortfermline vs Dunton - Live On OHBC TV

Don't know quite what game you watched but Dunfermline had 3 guilt edged chances in the first half which naturally being site as we are missed them all. Gegans shot that narrowly missed the target following Moffats cut back, Moffat missing after putting himself through on goal and Gegans free header from the corner right on the half time whistle. Can't argue Morton thoroughly deserved their win . Think the only way things are going to change us if the Pars fans make the right noises. Part time football could be an option for us next year I'm afraid.

I forgot about Moffat's run. That was a half chance at best. Don't recall the other two. Regardless, it was deservedly 0-0 at half-time. Both teams were shocking.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andy Barrowman :lol:

We were very good 2nd half and it's great to see Caldwell and Peaso both having scoring starts to their time here! Imagine McManus being the 3rd forward instead of McCluskey!!

Russell was also very good yet again, and Pepper has come on and made the difference. For all McKee is getting a hammering here, I thought Forbes looked like an even poorer player who made McKee look like a work horse.

If Pepper doesn't start next week then Duffy should be sacked for that alone. Fully expecting Duffy to keep Pepper on the bench and start Crighton based on his sub appearance tonight though.

Don't know quite what game you watched but Dunfermline had 3 guilt edged chances in the first half which naturally being site as we are missed them all. Gegans shot that narrowly missed the target following Moffats cut back, Moffat missing after putting himself through on goal and Gegans free header from the corner right on the half time whistle. Can't argue Morton thoroughly deserved their win . Think the only way things are going to change us if the Pars fans make the right noises. Part time football could be an option for us next year I'm afraid.

Ah well, I don't suppose you'll be in the market for any more Ayr players any time soon.

We didn't take our chances and Morton did. Geggan's header at the end of the first half was terrible but it's not the first time that's happened this season. Gaston produced a great save to deny Barrowman. Mostly an appalling game of football though tbf. MacDonald is clearly too good for the third tier; especially this season. As I've said before I think he'll probably help you to the title if he stays fit.

For us, it's difficult to know where to go from here really. Potter is clearly making no difference. I don't feel we were outplayed at all but you also really didn't see us actually scoring. It's been a totally abject season and easily the worst set of results I can remember as a Pars fan. Two wins in 12. Pathetic.

Good luck to Morton for the rest of the season and you're welcome for another three points.

I forgot about Moffat's run. That was a half chance at best. Don't recall the other two. Regardless, it was deservedly 0-0 at half-time. Both teams were shocking.

Must admit mate very impressed with Morton 2nd half. Hope you go up this year. Always enjoyed the banter and hospitality we get at capilow. Thought the game could have changed but for the brilliant save by the keeper from zbarrowmans header right after you scored. Mind you that would have masked over a shit Dunfermline side.

You had a single, far from easy scoring free header to show for your first half display, and one gilt-edged chance in the second, which led to Gaston's only - excellent - save of the game.

If you genuinely think that you or Morton had any great chances in that abortion of a first half then you are a hyperventilating Sky pundit.

After hearing how much Ross Forbes doesn't move much in midfield, it was a pleasure to see him burn the Dunfermline number 6 for pace in the lead up to the 2nd goal.

Very poor first half from us with Dunfermline being the marginally better team. They had a few very good chances to take the lead with Moffat missing the target from about 8 yards out. Last years Moffat would've buried that. Also Geggan (?) had a free header and really had to hit the target.

Second half we came out much better and Pepper coming on really changed the match in our favour. He really needs to start from now on instead of Miller, who's useless in midfield. Couldn't tell Miller & Forbes apart a few times they look quite similar :lol: Peaso & Caldwell look like a good partnership and have had great starts since joining so hopefully that continues. Peaso is class and as mentioned above is far too good for this league and if he stays fit could just fire us to the title. Excellent save from Gaston at 1-0 that was crucial if that went in it would've completely changed the game. Two very good goals with the front two setting each other up.

All in all a very good win and we've closed the gap to Stranraer. I can see where all the Pars fans frustration is coming from they really are poor and unless they have a massive turnover they won't be anywhere near the title race.

The Dunfermline fans trying to pick a fight with the people in hospitality topped it all off, obviously a minority but what a bunch of sore losers :lol:

Also Mark Russell was outstanding, cracking player for his age.

He wasn't THAT great. He gave away the ball more than a few times with his passing, although a lot of that was due to the lack of movement in midfield and having no one to try give the ball to except MacDonald. He's improved a lot defensively this season though. Kept Falkingham and Stirling and whoever else went over that side quiet all morning.

I can't see him being much better than a Championship level player in future tbh.

Archived