RRG v glensmad - will it ever happen ?

glensmad

So, with next week's fixtures now out, there is still no sign of Glencairn v Rob Roy or Rob Roy v Glencairn being scheduled.

It's bizarre. By next week we will have played twice against Pollok, Kilsyth Rangers, Greenock Juniors, Irvine Victoria, Ardeer Thistle and Largs Thistle, but no matches scheduled v Rob Roy.

It's not as if we've had matches postponed against them either, we've just not been scheduled to play them at all.

No doubt we'll play them twice in a week some time in April. Maybe.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

And so finally we have it, the first scheduled meeting of RRG and glensmad for this season is this coming Wednesday 22nd April. We'll no doubt meet again in about a fortnight.

I still find it strange that these two fixtures have been left so late in the season and not spread out a bit more like all of the other fixtures. It's not as if we've had a postponed match or anything like that, we just haven't been scheduled to meet at all until now. But hey, that's the card that Fixtures Man has dealt us, so we deal with it.

The big question, though, is will RRG de-cloak and reveal his true identity to glensmad, after blanking his previous requests for a handshake ? There will be no :guntoting or :bairn or :guns , only :cheers and :thumsup2 . After all, Kevin Bell retired last summer. :P

And so finally we have it, the first scheduled meeting of RRG and glensmad for this season is this coming Wednesday 22nd April. We'll no doubt meet again in about a fortnight.

I still find it strange that these two fixtures have been left so late in the season and not spread out a bit more like all of the other fixtures. It's not as if we've had a postponed match or anything like that, we just haven't been scheduled to meet at all until now. But hey, that's the card that Fixtures Man has dealt us, so we deal with it.

The big question, though, is will RRG de-cloak and reveal his true identity to glensmad, after blanking his previous requests for a handshake ? There will be no :guntoting or :bairn or :guns , only :cheers and :thumsup2 . After all, Kevin Bell retired last summer. :P

Really? :( I'm sure some of us were hoping for somethin' like this :) .....

I understand that the moment RRG and glensmad met for the first time was captured on camera tonight. Will Gerry include this momentous moment in history ?

No, the world didn't end. And yes, Kevin Bell was discussed. ;-)

Thanks for answering my question on Kevin Bell.

Sorry for mistaking you for a old man when you were walking round.

And calm down with your goal celebrations you will go over on your ankle or something next time!

The game itself , crazy game. We were coasting it without having to do to much. Then penalty to glens on half time which changed everything.

Second half we were not at the races, all over the place at times. No idea why Ally Martin and Hunter were centre midfield, was never going to work, assume Finnegan was injured that's why he was subbed. Maxwell seemed to be getting very irritated by one fan behind him not sure what that was all about as only stood round that side second half and couldn't hear much down a bit from them.

And calm down with your goal celebrations you will go over on your ankle or something next time!

Yes, I have to say it was really sweet scoring our 2nd and 3rd goals while we were talking. You couldn't have looked more gutted if you'd tried. ;-)

The game itself , crazy game. We were coasting it without having to do to much. Then penalty to glens on half time which changed everything.

Second half we were not at the races, all over the place at times. No idea why Ally Martin and Hunter were centre midfield, was never going to work, assume Finnegan was injured that's why he was subbed. Maxwell seemed to be getting very irritated by one fan behind him not sure what that was all about as only stood round that side second half and couldn't hear much down a bit from them.

i saw that finnegan was limping when he left the ground

Archived