Candidates For Arthurlie Job?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of the lower league managers could possibly do a good job?

The lad a Bellshill is doing a fantastic job as is Dave Gregg at Blantyre.

In the super league Shettleston and Maybole always seem to compete despite not being traditionally regarded as "big junior" clubs so therefore their managers must be doing something right.

OK but late in the day but..... I have know idea who has applied or even less who will get the job, obviously I hear, as many do, bits and bobs all rumor.

I do however know the guys who will make the desicion and have both respect for them plus faith in their judgement, I mean I am good friends with these guys and the first mention I heard of Craig McEwan was when they announced the appointment.

I do however feel that Arthurlie have the stature and appeal of a club that the committee should rather than invite applications, sit down together and make up a photo fit of the person they want to manage the club then draw up a list if people who fit the bill then go and approach them.

In having applications only then the appointment will only be as strong as the applications as many candidates will be ruled out due to loyalty to their current clubs or in some cases stubbornness!

There, IMO, are many current managers would jump the chance to get the job but won't apply.

Anyway this is all my personal opinion and I have every faith in the people making the decision and whoever the next Arthurlie manager is he or in that case she will as ever get my support!

Archived