Who's going to win the East super league ?

its only a game

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After the excellent result on Saturday Bo'ness are pretty close to last year's league winning level. 1 point less and 1 goal better. Looking at the remaining 10 games last year that yielded 7 wins 2 draws and 1 defeat which if repeated would see us on 62pts. Probably not enough so we need to improve on the 2-1 away loss to Tayport (Fauldhouse) and the 0-0 and 3-3 away draws to Kelty and Musselburgh respectively, 69 points WOULD win the league but a very tough task, but the current squad are capable of this.

Here are the remaining league fixtures for the 4 sides currently fighting it out for the title, additional info regarding the teams involvement in the cups included as these may also have a bearing on the outcome of the Title down the stretch.

Update:

Newtongrange Star & Kelty Hearts were on league business today.

Whilst Bo`ness Utd & Linlithgow Rose both won on cup duty.

Nitten got their title challenge back in gear after last weeks disappointment at home to Fauldhouse Utd with a convincing 5-2 win away at Lochee Utd.

Kelty Hearts left it late, coming from behind to take all 3 points in a 2-1 home win to local rivals Hill Of Beath Hawthorn.

Kelty Hearts : 58 Points: 4 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 38 : Max Possible Points: 70

Home: 2

BO`NESS - CAMELON

Away: 2

LOCHEE UTD - BONNYRIGG

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No ......East Of Scotland Cup / No......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Linlithgow Rose : 32 Points : 12 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 21: Max Possible Points : 68

Home: 3

MUSSELBURGH - NEWTONGRANGE - BONNYRIGG

Away: 9

NEWTONGRANGE - PENICUIK - BO`NESS - MUSSELBURGH - BROXBURN - H.O.B - ARMADALE - FAULDHOUSE - CARNOUSTIE

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / Yes..... East Of Scotland Cup / Yes......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Bo`ness Utd : 39 Points: 10 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 25: Max Possible Points: 69

Home: 3

LINLITHGOW - NEWTONGRANGE - LOCHEE UTD

Away: 7

KELTY - MUSSELBURGH -CARNOUSTIE - ARMADALE - FAULDHOUSE - SAUCHIE - H.O.B

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No.......East Of Scotland Cup / Yes.......Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

Newtongrange Star: 40 Points: 10 Games To Play: Goal Difference + 21: Max Possible Points: 70

Home: 5

LINLITHGOW - BROXBURN - CARNOUSTIE - H.O.B - ARMADALE

Away: 5

BONNYRIGG - SAUCHIE - BO`NESS - MUSSELBURGH - LINLITHGOW

Other Competitions:

Scottish Cup / No......East Of Scotland Cup / Yes...... Fife & Lothian`s Cup / Yes

In the old 12 team league appprox 46 points would win you the league if I remember correctly. That is about 2.1 points per game. That equates to approx 58 points in 15 team league . They currently have 58 points with 4 to play so tin my book they are certainties

Boness next 3 fixtures, Fauldhouse (A), Armadale (A) and Carnoustie (A), could easily pick up full points and have the gap narrowed to ten points with three games in hand.

Hopefully! But seriously, teams we still have to play after that run include Kelty, Linlithgow and Newtongrange as well as a trip to Musselburgh. Looks unlikely any team would win all those games. Kelty have it almost sewn up I think. In a way I was made up for Kelty yesterday. Going for the league, losing at ht to your Derby rivals and coming away with a last minute winner, that's what footballs all about. Progress on and off the park for Kelty this season, the future for years to come looks bright for them.

Boness next 3 fixtures, Fauldhouse (A), Armadale (A) and Carnoustie (A), could easily pick up full points and have the gap narrowed to ten points with three games in hand.

boness fans seem to have a bit Lithgy in them ..starting to treat the lower teams with contempt ..for that I hope Kelty win the league and the so called east superpowers can eat humble pie together at the west Lothian golf course ..CMON THE FIFERS

Been a wee misunderstanding here daleboy1969, gogsy is a Kelty boy.

All he was trying to convey is that there is a good possibility that Bo`ness could win their next 3 matches and only be 10 points behind Kelty with 3 games in hand.The words `could easily` will not have been intended as a slight on his part, individually or collectively, regarding any opponents involved in those 3 matches.

No other team will reach 60 points..

Im open to a wager from anyone

I will give you 1/5 on that bet. :-) Kelty will win the league with 65 points Rose/Bo"Ness/Newton will not hit 60

Bo'ness are well capable of winning the next 3 tricky away games,more than capable of winning our 3 remaining home games,Kelty & Mussy will be tough,but by the time we go to olive bank,hopefully they will be more interested in the junior cup final

Everyone knows this league is not over. I think Kelty need to win 3 out the next 4 to seal it.

Kelty could win 3/4 & still not win the league,if & its a big IF,Bo'ness win all their games,Kelty are favs.and rightly so,but as long as theirs a chance,well u never know

Kelty could win 3/4 & still not win the league,if & its a big IF,Bo'ness win all their games,Kelty are favs.and rightly so,but as long as theirs a chance,well u never know

I know the maths. It's just my prediction on what they need to do to secure it.

Sorry gogsy ..the two superpowers dae Ma box in .always an excuse when they get beat .and never any praise for other clubs .they canny even admitted Kelty hav been the best team by miles this season .its aw aboot them

Read post 164 and take that massive chip off your shoulder at the same time.

boness fans seem to have a bit Lithgy in them ..starting to treat the lower teams with contempt ..for that I hope Kelty win the league and the so called east superpowers can eat humble pie together at the west Lothian golf course ..CMON THE FIFERS

post-26358-0-87607000-1428414560_thumb.j

Archived