Ross County v Celtic 24-1-15

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody else pissed off with the IRA songs? I noticed neither police or stewards did anything, nor with the numpties who thought a deflected goal against the bottom club was worth a pitch invasion.

One other question. Why would you spend all morning on a bus to watch the game in a pub, turn around and the get the bus home? Seemed a popular option.

For a day out? It's been going on for years. I'm sure your pubs would be happy with their custom.

But agree the non football songs should stay on the buses.

Anybody else pissed off with the IRA songs? I noticed neither police or stewards did anything, nor with the numpties who thought a deflected goal against the bottom club was worth a pitch invasion.

One other question. Why would you spend all morning on a bus to watch the game in a pub, turn around and the get the bus home? Seemed a popular option.

Probably for a day out with other fans. Did you actually watch the game? I'm guessing it was over £20 to have your eyes bleed in a half-empty stadium.

We seemingly weren't too bad, but I'm not particularly encouraged by that fact. Raising your game against the big teams is rarely going to get you anything from the game anyway, and what's the point if it's back to the same old rubbish when everyone else comes calling? The closest I can get to good news is that Motherwell and St Mirren also lost.

I'm far away, I don't get to games, but even before this game I was under the impression Quinn needs some time on the sides? At fault for the Celtic goal or not, aren't fans, players around him and Quinn himself getting a bit nervous with him on the pitch?

Quinn not to blame for the Celtic goal, unfortunate deflection was just one of those things.

Whole of the defence played well as a unit on Saturday.

I understand that, but it could affect his confidence anyway, especially at a time when (from what I read) he hasn't been playing particularly impressively anyway.

Or are we lacking in alternative options anyway?

Anyway, glad they played well as a unit, let's hope it continues!

I certainly wouldn't change that defence after it finally put in a respectable performance, but then who knows what Jim's Tactical Tombola will throw up next.

Away from the defense, a few asides:

• That's the best game Kiss has had in a long time.
  • Carey's been dreadful lately, does he need a game on the bench?
  • What does Maatsen need to do to get a proper chance? After one reasonable free-kick, I'd happily let him take corners from now on. Anything's an improvement on our standard fayre.
  • Woods still flatters to deceive, hell are we short of central midfielders.

Wow. How strange to think that defense is suddenly our strongest area, and looking not bad at that. If they can keep it together, it's the best possible starting point for looking to turn things around while there's still time. I'd happily take a few 0-0's (accompanied by Motherwell and St Mirren defeats) to start the ball rolling!

Wow. How strange to think that defense is suddenly our strongest area, and looking not bad at that. If they can keep it together, it's the best possible starting point for looking to turn things around while there's still time. I'd happily take a few 0-0's (accompanied by Motherwell and St Mirren defeats) to start the ball rolling!

I wouldn't get carried away, it was just one game. And as I said, who know's what numbers Jim will pull from his Tactical Tombola next.

I certainly wouldn't change that defence after it finally put in a respectable performance, but then who knows what Jim's Tactical Tombola will throw up next.

Away from the defense, a few asides:

• That's the best game Kiss has had in a long time.
  • Carey's been dreadful lately, does he need a game on the bench?
  • What does Maatsen need to do to get a proper chance? After one reasonable free-kick, I'd happily let him take corners from now on. Anything's an improvement on our standard fayre.
  • Woods still flatters to deceive, hell are we short of central midfielders.
  • I think Kiss has been steady since he's got back into the team. He was played as the holding midfielder in the 0-1 at home to Aberdeen in November, bizarrely his first ever match for County in that role. I thought he was very good in that game and restricted Pawlett to collecting the ball near half-way - Aberdeen's threat only came from the wide areas until County went behind and Kiss had to push further up.

He then got injured and missed the win at Killie, he should have played against St Johnstone though. He protected well against Celtic, had the shot against the post, then was outnumbered and surrounded by mediocrity in the 1-3 defeat to ICT when I thought he was County's pick of a poor bunch. He did his job well at Dundee in another backs-to-the-wall performance, missed the desparate loss to St Mirren and then was one of County's better players against Celtic again.

He's comfortably County's best central midfielder and I think he's arguably been misused for a lot of the last 18 months until recently. I'd be disappointed if he lost his place in the team again. But time will tell how good he is against equal opposition i.e Motherwell at home, rather than always having to play on the back foot. He needs to do more about getting the ball off the centre-backs though, especially if Boyd is to keep his place in the team, and he needs to start switching the play early - he's got that in his locker.

• Carey's form probably coincides with him getting that game off to be with his new family. I'd rather he played himself out of the form than look at the alternatives though.
  • Maatsen didn't have a great game against St Mirren, in fairness, when it looked like he was trying too hard. But I've seen him play like he did against St Mirren in the development team. As much as I think Maatsen would have been a good out-ball against Celtic earlier on, and as hard as he tries, I can see why McIntyre better trusts someone else to hold their position and track a runner against the best team in the league. I love the guy though and he definitely deserves more game time.
  • The DR gave Woods a good mini-report in their ratings. In fairness to him he did work hard, forcing mistakes, but he got caught with the ball under his feet so many times and his pass completion rate must have been horrendously low. County need a little more finesse in the centre of midfield to complement Irvine's inevitable return. Kiss-Carey-Irvine-Woods-Brittain were totally outclassed by ICT's midfield in the last game.

Archived