Mo v Vers (and Shakers)

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

based on your HUGE travelling support at Clyde yesterday, Cliftonhill will cope just fine...

It'd be a different story if we were going for the league though, obviously. I suspect you'd get more than yer usual 40 boys and a dug tae.... ;)

352 turned up at Cliftonhill in March when we were the top 2 four seasons ago.

If the Rovers and Arbroath can muster up 1000 supporters between them, I'll buy a hat and eat it.

Are you kidding me? 352?! Wtf? You had like nearly 600 last time we played at yours?

I remember when we had the chance of going top of the league with 1 game left in 2007, Berwick away and not sure on numbers but we took a shitload down there.

League decider should easily see over 1000. Easily.

How much does Cliftonhill hold?

Fecking gutted we couldnt hold on for a point.Dont look like Shields is going anywhere in the short term. Why when picking a new manager do we promote from within ? Banjo looks decent and Andrews is huge at the back but the longer this goes on i fear for our league status.

This game puts us behind Celtic and Hearts in the "fewest goals conceded" list of Scottish clubs. More clean sheets needed.

interesting our next up opposition QP actually now have a better league record for goals conceded at 0.73 per game against our 0.75 per game. Before Saturday's defensive collapse we had a very credible 0.63 record. Celtic however are considerably better at 0.55 goals conceded per game.

Did anyone go to meeting last nite with the supporters club and the board?

Went to meeting. Shields to stay on due unanimous support from the board. Players to come in and other to leave this week. Continuity is the key apparently

mo83- there is a full summary on the supporters club facebook page and on the Montrose Fans Forum.

think privately that the support for Shields is less than unanimous, but publically all directors have to back it. He has the unswerving support of the chairman so that's it, basically.

fouteen games to go of the season. At least, let's hope it is fourteen, and not sixteen.

oh, and old readers might be interested in this

oh, and old readers might be interested in this

Welcome back G.E.G.!

Kerr Dodds with corn-rows?!... Nostalgia only serves as being useful when there are points of reference more meaningful or better than current circumstances. Since arriving in the town there has never been a reference for me higher than the basement division. Looking forward to future rantings and analysis, but mostly the ranting.

Went to meeting. Shields to stay on due unanimous support from the board. Players to come in and other to leave this week. Continuity is the key apparently

Once was a time " the unanimous support of the board " would mean one more defeat from the sack , but alas not on this occasion i'm afraid.

Archived