Falkirk v Dumbarton 31/1/15

Dumbarton area much maligned side who are nothing like as bad as some would make out. My neighbours son was at the Livvy gam last week and reckoned 1-5 gave a totally distorted view of the game, and it could easily have been a draw had the Sons taken their chances in the way they did at TFS.

Good reminder for a few of our team that we haven't turned into world beaters overnight. We put in a tremendous display at Tynecastle topped off by two of the best goals you will ever see.

We have now followed that up with a sloppy display topped off by our goalie selling us down the river. These things happen, and will continue to happen. We can beat anyone in this league on our day ( except Sevco), and it's up to Houston now to get the likes of the goalie to bring along his "A" game every week, and not just when he can be fussed.

I now hope that McCracken steps back from first team duty. While far from perfect, Vaulks and Grant (or Muirhead) are the future.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't care if he is an arsehole tbh only if he is any good between the sticks, and he isn't. McDonald had a poor game today but Bowman is not the answer IMO

We will never know if Bowman is the answer or not. He's been superb in the 20s the last few years and the club won't let him go out on loan

Something has to change though. McDonald is making mistakes every second week now and there starting to cost us points.

Alston is a decent player for our level but has nowhere near the technical ability of others. He's barely in control of his limbs a lot of the time. I don't like getting angry with him as he always gives his all and generally is very useful for an upper Championship side, but he's so frustrating to watch.

On the defensive situation, I'd go with Vaulks and Grant until Muirhead is fit. We can then look to shift Vaulks into midfield.

Alston is a decent player for our level but has nowhere near the technical ability of others. He's barely in control of his limbs a lot of the time. I don't like getting angry with him as he always gives his all and generally is very useful for an upper Championship side, but he's so frustrating to watch.

On the defensive situation, I'd go with Vaulks and Grant until Muirhead is fit. We can then look to shift Vaulks into midfield.

Better player than Jay Fulton tbh.

Archived