World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

We've lost fourteen of our last sixteen finals. Bit of a Joke.

ah well. f**k Celtic and Mon Aberdeen

That's atrocious, really.

I used to think it was Jim "Pessimistic" McLean's influence, but the bad cup final record has persisited long after his departure.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Because your IP address is the address where your ISP assigned server is .. not your own physical location. I could tunnel in via a free VPN and have a USA IP or a UK one.

Did you have a point?

You are claiming that you are in Goa but "tunnel in" to a server in the UK to post on a Scottish football forum? Why would anyone bother?

I'm too cheesed off to read back through 20 pages so, apologies if I'm repeating what others have said already.

Celtic were poor, especially in front of goal. United were worse.

McNamara should be heavily fined by the board for leaving us a man down at a time when Celtic were pressing - unforgiveable. Dillon was never going to come back on 100% fit, so why not send on someone who was? Against a quick-passing side like Celtic, you can't afford to have someone operating at 75%, especially not in the middle of defence. There's a couple of others in the team who would have made a good job of captaining the team for the day.

If we'd got the penalty when Dow was nudged by Brown, who knows how it would have turned out. Maybe Dillon wouldn't have lunged.

BTW I hate Brown and I don't mean in that the-opponent-the-opposition-fans-love-to-hate way. He represents everything I hate about the thuggish side of football. Sly, sneaky and seemingly unbookable.

ETA: off to the Rangers threads to cheer myself up. Just need to keep reminding myself that it could be worse.

Well, well well,

I won't bother reading back through anything that I have missed. I'm guessing it's all "we are pure hard done by" & "we were cheated".

Thought Brown was great today, he should go out on the piss more often.

All I have to say is, Glasgow Celtic, Champions.

GIRUY 8)

2dwi2c.jpg

Can accept getting beat, the thing that really pisses me off is the approach to the game. Not an ounce of creativity in the starting line-up and to have Rankin and McGowan as the wide midfielders is thoroughly depressing. What's the point of playing a cup final with a lets not try to get beat attitude instead of a lets go out there and give everything we've got approach, especially given our last 2 games against Celtic are a win and a draw. 7 out of 10 for rado and Dow, 6s for everyone else and 2 for McNamara.

I'm sure winning the league cup makes up for being a club that has racist fans, employs racist players and protects paedophile youth coaches.

It's amazing how seething some people can get over a game that doesn't involve the club they claim to support

To think a few days ago he was sat on the pavement eat his "pizza/chippy" after a good bevy !!!

No sure why he didn't get the MOTM award? He dominated the midfield, broke stuff up, chased back and at one point was taking the piss out of United players in their own box.

It's amazing how seething some people can get over a game that doesn't involve the club they claim to support

Just as well you quoted that, said comment seems to have been removed or has been deleted.

Have to agree with Peeelll here. Been holding off slating JMac but it's got to the point now where he's chancing his arm.

He doesn't handle big games well at all. When the pressure is on his tactics crumble. When we had players like Gauld, Robertson, GMS and Armstrong it papered over the cracks a bit. Now without those players, rather than making the best of the players who we have left, he's just making it up as he goes along.

The positive aspects of what's going on with United in general won't be affected by his departure either.

Be good to bring someone in who can successfully manage younger players and organise a team properly.

I'm too cheesed off to read back through 20 pages so, apologies if I'm repeating what others have said already.
Celtic were poor, especially in front of goal. United were worse.
McNamara should be heavily fined by the board for leaving us a man down at a time when Celtic were pressing - unforgiveable. Dillon was never going to come back on 100% fit, so why not send on someone who was? Against a quick-passing side like Celtic, you can't afford to have someone operating at 75%, especially not in the middle of defence. There's a couple of others in the team who would have made a good job of captaining the team for the day.
If we'd got the penalty when Dow was nudged by Brown, who knows how it would have turned out. Maybe Dillon wouldn't have lunged.
BTW I hate Brown and I don't mean in that the-opponent-the-opposition-fans-love-to-hate way. He represents everything I hate about the thuggish side of football. Sly, sneaky and seemingly unbookable.
ETA: off to the Rangers threads to cheer myself up. Just need to keep reminding myself that it could be worse.

What does he have to do to get booked?

Could you imagine Broon playing for anyone other than Hibs or the OF? Wonder why no English club has come sniffing?

Have to agree with Peeelll here. Been holding off slating JMac but it's got to the point now where he's changing his arm.

He doesn't handle big games well at all. When the pressure is on his tactics crumble. When we had players like Gauld, Robertson, GMS and Armstrong it papered over the cracks a bit. Now without those players, rather than making the best of the players who we have left, he's just making it up as he goes along.

The positive aspects of what's going on with United in general won't be affected by his departure either.

Be good to bring someone in who can successfully manage younger players and organise a team properly.

There's a chap currently weeding his lawn who might fit the bill...

Money.

Aye, but DU aren't that hard-up, are they? And, had they not already agreed a move for GMS? Was it worth more than a cup-win and a 2nd place finish - or maybe better, as fanciful as that sounds?

Nothing much to add other than it was a pretty underwhelming final in all honesty. As some people have mentioned, Celtic were poor, we were very poor and in truth it was a walk in the park for Celtic. A pretty forgetful afternoon of football. We had a brief spell in the first half but when Dillon went off it killed our momentum and then Celtic scored. Not sure what happened but it seems as though Dillon was too stubborn and Jackie didn't actually know what was going on (Dillon maybe in his last cup final for us and he probably was too selfish to just go off).

The red card was a stick on, it wasn't malicious but Dillon was stupid.

I didn't think too many United players played that poorly though, it was our system and shape that let us down. McNamara was playing too shut Celtic out and hopefully score on the break or from a set piece. That works about 1 in a hundred when you play Celtic. You always know when Jackie has got it wrong, he blames "the big decisions" in his post match interview.

Roll on Wednesday!! Then roll on Saturday evening when the league game is over we don't have to play Celtic again for a few weeks!!!

Archived