World Famous Dundee United v Celtic, LC Final 15th March

banana

AnCrùbag, on 15 Mar 2015 - 20:26, said:

True though.

How on earth did DUtd agree to their chief opposition poaching their two best players? At least see out the season...

That's a fair question, but there seems to be some sort of "it's unfair!" thing aimed at Celtic because of it. Which is pretty unfair.

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a fair question, but there seems to be some sort of "it's unfair!" thing aimed at Celtic because of it. Which is pretty unfair.

Well... football capitalism is unfair, I guess.

Folk can still complain about it though. Especially anti-establishment rebels like... all good Celtic fans... er...

Seriously, I'd be all for a rule that says one, bigger club, can't raid another club from the same league mid-season simply due to power of wealth. This would be as true of Hearts trying to poach a good player from Ross County, say as would be of Celtic. Though, we all know we're not gonna see first-place Hearts simply buy players from Ross County breathing down their neck in 2nd or third.

Maybe I'm being too idealistic..

Folk can still complain about it though. Especially anti-establishment rebels like... all good Celtic fans... er...

Seriously, I'd be all for a rule that says one, bigger club, can't raid another club from the same league mid-season simply due to power of wealth. This would be as true of Hearts trying to poach a good player from Ross County, say as would be of Celtic. Though, we all know we're not gonna see first-place Hearts simply buy players from Ross County breathing down their neck in 2nd or third.

You're joking? so we (and only us) would be banned from buying playing in the January window.Which would no doubt result in us buying foreign and people moaning about that also

You're joking? so we (and only us) would be banned from buying playing in the January window.Which would no doubt result in us buying foreign and people moaning about that also

Win, win for the diddies!

How would you define 'bigger club'? That isn't a benchmark you could enforce. I can see where you are coming from though, and there maybe could be a limit to the number of players transferred from within the same league during a January window, but again you would find it hard to enforce.

I don't really have a huge issue with Celtic buying Armstrong and GMS, I actually think they have been really stupid in the past few seasons and haven't gone for other young Scottish talent and instead spunked their money on generic £3million random foreigners - "let's go after some guy that has played for Slovenia twice and scored 6 goals in La Liga rather than this exciting 21 year old Scottish player, even though we can get the Scottish player for peanuts."

Aye, but DU aren't that hard-up, are they? And, had they not already agreed a move for GMS? Was it worth more than a cup-win and a 2nd place finish - or maybe better, as fanciful as that sounds?

Keeping GMS and Armstrong would not have ensured either of these things though. Indeed it'd have still been odds-against on both.

Yes.

Thought Celtic should have had one before that for a fairly reckless challenge on Griffiths anyways.

What one was that? Cant remember. To be honest, celtic would probably stil have won. Stokes and izaguirre linked up and destroyed united down the left wing. Jmacs tactics were pretty dung

I don't really have a huge issue with Celtic buying Armstrong and GMS, I actually think they have been really stupid in the past few seasons and haven't gone for other young Scottish talent and instead spunked their money on generic £3million random foreigners - "let's go after some guy that has played for Slovenia twice and scored 6 goals in La Liga rather than this exciting 21 year old Scottish player, even though we can get the Scottish player for peanuts."

I'll never understand why they spent over £2m on Scepovic when May was available for a quarter of the price.

Aufc, on 15 Mar 2015 - 20:59, said:

What one was that? Cant remember.

It wasn't long before the Dillon injury. Ball's went across the box and the tackle went in, and the ball went in the air and Dillon's just went right through Griffiths. Not a single player claimed and nobody said anything else about it, but then watching the replays, it looked a total stone waller.

The post you were bubbling about on the previous page. Where you insinuated that I'm pretending to be a Thistle fan.

What post was that? what did it say?

You're clearly not a thistle fan

Archived