Bonnyrigg v Talbot

Yet another feast for the junior fans. Have to say though, although Talbot left it very late it was a thoroughly deserved win today. Well impressed by Talbot second half, complete dominance created enough chances to win a dozen games but for some bad luck, inspired goalkeeping from the Rose number 1 and some poor finishing it would have been more convincing. Peach of a winner! Talbot didn't have their troubles to seek going into this match with injuries, this was a changed line up. But, that second half would suggest they could go all the way again. Bonnyrigg played some nice stuff in flashes in the first half, but in truth were just not at the races second half. Don't think any of their fans could have much complaint regarding the final score, although they nearly got it to penalties and the last minute rasper from Butch must have been a sickener for them.

Agree with all above, hard fought cup tie over the two games. Talbot ran out worthy winners in the end, was surprised with the line up to start with, the thinking behind the lad Boyd starting was in my opinion to combat the threat from Bonnyriggs No 7, looked like he was struggling in the 1st half but came more on to a game in second, same goes for the boy Shankland who I thought had a great second half and was very unlucky not to get on the score sheet. Really looked more like ourselves in the second period, rolling up the sleeves and playing with grit and determination. When the equaliser came there was only going to be one winner as Bonnyrigg looked as if they were settling on penalties, over all delighted to be in the last eight and all credit to Bonnyrigg who contributed greatly over the two ties, roll on the quarters.!!

Some finish at the end of the game from Butch Young. Thought over the piece they deserved it. Pleasing thing for Talbot was a few of the younger players stepped up to the plate.

Bonnyrigg look to be making decent progress under Davie McGlynn that was sure.

Yet another feast for the junior fans. Have to say though, although Talbot left it very late it was a thoroughly deserved win today. Well impressed by Talbot second half, complete dominance created enough chances to win a dozen games but for some bad luck, inspired goalkeeping from the Rose number 1 and some poor finishing it would have been more convincing. Peach of a winner! Talbot didn't have their troubles to seek going into this match with injuries, this was a changed line up. But, that second half would suggest they could go all the way again. Bonnyrigg played some nice stuff in flashes in the first half, but in truth were just not at the races second half. Don't think any of their fans could have much complaint regarding the final score, although they nearly got it to penalties and the last minute rasper from Butch must have been a sickener for them.

And would you have put the same post up if Bonnyrigg scorer a last minute sickener against your team ?

No for me and all typical its great when you win

And would you have put the same post up if Bonnyrigg scorer a last minute sickener against your team ?

No for me and all typical its great when you win

Eh?

would have though someone from b,rigg would have started a thread through the week but there yea go.rigg keeper was man of the match without a shadow of doubt.he kept his team in the game with some outstanding saves.(and his heel).

had we left the competition at this stage I would have felt for our players.no game for 3 weeks and then having to field a weakened team in the last 2 games. Talbot are a better team than what was shown in the last 2 games.

that said I hope our fullbacks learned from your no.3.he had 2 great games.

best of luck for the rest of the season.

would have though someone from b,rigg would have started a thread through the week but there yea go.rigg keeper was man of the match without a shadow of doubt.he kept his team in the game with some outstanding saves.(and his heel).

had we left the competition at this stage I would have felt for our players.no game for 3 weeks and then having to field a weakened team in the last 2 games. Talbot are a better team than what was shown in the last 2 games.

that said I hope our fullbacks learned from your no.3.he had 2 great games.

best of luck for the rest of the season.

From a fellow Talbot man it annoys me when Talbot fans constantly make reference to "having to field a weakened team". This phrase is used too often. It does nothing for the moral of the players concerned. You don't see many others on here sighting their team selection as a reason for a below par performance.

The team did us proud end of regardless what players were wearing the Talbot shirt.

From a fellow Talbot man it annoys me when Talbot fans constantly make reference to "having to field a weakened team". This phrase is used too often. It does nothing for the moral of the players concerned. You don't see many others on here sighting their team selection as a reason for a below par performance.

The team did us proud end of regardless what players were wearing the Talbot shirt.

Talbot were excellent yesterday, a spirited dominant display in the second half. Wouldn't argue with the Rose keeper getting MOM, but I'm convinced that some of the saves he knew nothing about, it appeared he had a charmed life at times. Thought Pope was outstanding for us. Shankland showed enough to say he is definitely a potential big player for us, both him and Gormz could have had a hatrick. I take your point about harping on about "weakened team" have to say that in most eyes it was an unusual selection for a tough important game, but hey, it worked a treat. To dominate away from home against decent opposition and to come from a goal down was no mean feat. Talbot kept at it and got the reward they deserved, late as it wasn't!

So what's the thoughts on your first goal? There was a definite hand ball and a striker offside who interfered with play. I was right behind the linesman who must have seen it, think he papped it a few times yesterday which cost Bonnyrigg the game.

I think when your up against a proven side there's got to be a game plan, I think we done immense yesterday, went in at half time with the lead and knew we were defending for our lives second half. Taking nothing away from Talbot winner but on another day with a stronger linesman that would have been a equaliser.

Good luck in the rest of your season

So what's the thoughts on your first goal? There was a definite hand ball and a striker offside who interfered with play. I was right behind the linesman who must have seen it, think he papped it a few times yesterday which cost Bonnyrigg the game.

I think when your up against a proven side there's got to be a game plan, I think we done immense yesterday, went in at half time with the lead and knew we were defending for our lives second half. Taking nothing away from Talbot winner but on another day with a stronger linesman that would have been a equaliser.

Good luck in the rest of your season

Would like to see that again, hope someone has filmed it. There was also a strong claim for offside with the Rose goal. To be honest from a Talbot perspective on another day it could have been four or five such was the chances created. Thought Bonnyrigg ran out of steam and had settled for penalties, which they almost got. But Talbot must have had three or four great chances in injury time alone and kept going, a touch of class and composure sealed it. The better side over the piece went through. Bonnyrigg have some very good players, let's hope you can build on this and perhaps we can lock horns next season.

From a fellow Talbot man it annoys me when Talbot fans constantly make reference to "having to field a weakened team". This phrase is used too often. It does nothing for the moral of the players concerned. You don't see many others on here sighting their team selection as a reason for a below par performance. The team did us proud end of regardless what players were wearing the Talbot shirt.

don't be annoyed.it was a great team performance and a superb result for us all.some of our less experienced players came into the starting 11 and stepped up to the plate and for that I am very grateful and proud of all the players.

lets not be kidded here.on another day with a fully fit squad that line up wouldn`t have taken to the park in those positions.

tucker is a fantastic manager,but hey! he knows and we know that the strongest team almost picks it`s self. thats all. :)

Archived