The 2016 US Presidential Election

Adamski

This quiz is properly outing the deranged extremists on here with their 95% and 10% type scores.

Luckily, the predictably maturer, saner heads are also here with more balanced results, such as myself, Sooky and MrCat.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This quiz is properly outing the deranged extremists on here with their 95% and 10% type scores.

Luckily, the predictably maturer, saner heads are also here with more balanced results, such as myself, Sooky and MrCat.

Appreciate the compliment but I hit 90's for both Stein and Johnson.

50 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Haven't come across MrCat on the forums yet but tbh I'd be relatively happy not to have similar results to raging misogynists and Tory party members

^^^scared to post his results, hides behind namecalling

11 minutes ago, mrcat1990 said:

Appreciate the compliment but I hit 90's for both Stein and Johnson.

It was more those who have results at both extremes. By the way the test works, everyone is going to have some quite high scores, but a it clearly takes a special kind of brainwashed bigot to hit the low scores.

I've been looking into the Libertarian ticket/party a bit lately, due to how poor the 2 mainstream candidates are. Some of the grassroots are fucking insane, but Gary Johnson and William Weld (his running mate) both seem fairly same. Both two-term Republican governors of primarily blue states in the 90s (New Mexico and Massachusetts) and fiscally conservative whilst socially liberal.

They'd get my vote this year if I was American. I see a few polls have them at around 10%, hopefully they can get to 15% to be in the debates as it'll liven things up a bit.

Although, as this video shows, Johnson does seem a bit 'out there'. Probably all that pot...

1 hour ago, Sooky said:

I've been looking into the Libertarian ticket/party a bit lately, due to how poor the 2 mainstream candidates are. Some of the grassroots are fucking insane, but Gary Johnson and William Weld (his running mate) both seem fairly same. Both two-term Republican governors of primarily blue states in the 90s (New Mexico and Massachusetts) and fiscally conservative whilst socially liberal.

They'd get my vote this year if I was American. I see a few polls have them at around 10%, hopefully they can get to 15% to be in the debates as it'll liven things up a bit.

Although, as this video shows, Johnson does seem a bit 'out there'. Probably all that pot...

Your vote for either of those 2 in America would be about as relevant as your tory vote in Scotland tbh.

1 hour ago, Cream Cheese said:

Your vote for either of those 2 in America would be about as relevant as your tory vote in Scotland tbh.

Probably not a great analogy, given how significant the Scots Tory vote was in the last GE.

On 7/26/2016 at 23:31, NotThePars said:

Anyone who's viewed the conduct of Hillary supporters the past 24 hours will see exactly why Sanders voters are reluctant to throw their weight behind her. A bunch of sneering, smug and triumphant tossers who aren't adept at anything other than laughing at people poorer or worse at spelling than they are.

On 7/28/2016 at 22:29, NotThePars said:

Hillary and Barack's focus on attacking Trump's "let's make America great again" by suggesting it's already great might give good soundbites and suggest a level of patriotism we can't even begin to imagine but it's hardly going to win over the millions of Americans who have very obviously been cut adrift by the political and business elite of the country. It just reads as insanely out of touch.

They just don't get it which is the problem. Trump, if he has any sense, is going to hammer the economics line and accuse Clinton and the Dems of killing industry in the United States and if Clinton's reply is going to be "no we haven't, the USA is still the greatest country on planet Earth" then potentia swing voters in the working and lower middle classes are going to look around them and judge whether that's the case on their immediate surroundings and circumstances.

Indeed. This is why this election will be close, whereas Sanders v Trump would have ended in a total landslide in Sanders' favour.

Archived