Are Hibs the best team in the championship

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not so much on here, but a certain section of hibs fans were absolutely acting like he was the most outstanding player seen in Scotland in decades - all when you boys were getting humped and scraping draws every week before your current run started. Allan is a good player alright, but he's not really anything out of the ordinary, and I include in hibs terms.

Maybe some have gotten carried away, but in fairness I think a lot of Hearts fans like to just make up opinions Hibs have and run with it. Boasting about scoreboards and floodlights, flair (this thread excluded, and excluded it should be when eejits like that teuchter can't sense the obvious tone), that nearly winning chat, I don't know where it all starts. Any Hibs fan I know seems to be realistic on how good Allan is, a very good one by Scottish football standards and certainly out of the ordinary by Hibs standards considering we haven't had a better CM since the Brown/Thomson/Boozy days, but a question mark in terms of playing at a high level. Think that's fair enough.

Yes

They also have the best fans in the championship and Alan Stubbs is sound

Eta: Scott Allan is also a #baller and Cummings is full of #bantz

Great to see fans of other clubs seeing what a bunch of ball players we are. Thought our popularity up there only existed west of Dobbies with our Hi-Dee brethren, so to hear such kind words coming from Arab country is Dece.

I very rarely read .net but that surprises me. Allan wasn't exactly setting the heather alight at the start of the season. He was unfit and unconfident and tbf the whole team were all over the place.

Since he's hit form, we've looked a different team altogether. I wouldn't exactly have him at Scott Brown levels or anything but nothing out of the ordinary for Hibs is flattering Hibs big time. Name a midfielder better than Allan we've had in the last six years?

I'm old enough to remember longer than six years, though. Collins, Latapy, Brown, Thomson were all far better. I'd probably put Allan about the same level as Beuzelin, and that's not an insult to Allan.

Maybe some have gotten carried away, but in fairness I think a lot of Hearts fans like to just make up opinions Hibs have and run with it. Boasting about scoreboards and floodlights, flair (this thread excluded, and excluded it should be when eejits like that teuchter can't sense the obvious tone), that nearly winning chat, I don't know where it all starts. Any Hibs fan I know seems to be realistic on how good Allan is, a very good one by Scottish football standards and certainly out of the ordinary by Hibs standards considering we haven't had a better CM since the Brown/Thomson/Boozy days, but a question mark in terms of playing at a high level. Think that's fair enough.

Certainly there's a lot of JKB v .net shite involved in it.

In fairness, the players you list there are all pretty out of the ordinary for Hibs. Put it this way, if someone told me right now the average level of our centre midfielders between now and my death would be around Scott Allan level, I'd be chuffed to bits. Agreed about his current level being on a par with Boozy. Hopefully by the time he's as old as Boozy was at Hibs he'll have surpassed him, although this being a youngish Hibs player he could be working at Homebase by then too.

Allan is a talented player. However he tries too many world cup passes, seems bizarrely reluctant to shoot and doesn't have the fitness for 90 minutes. He's a threat to Hearts which is why he gets a bit of stick that the likes of Craig, except for being a bell end obviously, won't.

The fact so many Hibs fans then proclaim him the best player in the league, and unlike in here a lot of them have no irony about them, when the truth is he's probably no even been the best player at ER this season (Gray) is what is funny about it.

Allan is a talented player. However he tries too many world cup passes, seems bizarrely reluctant to shoot and doesn't have the fitness for 90 minutes. He's a threat to Hearts which is why he gets a bit of stick that the likes of Craig, except for being a bell end obviously, won't.

The fact so many Hibs fans then proclaim him the best player in the league, and unlike in here a lot of them have no irony about them, when the truth is he's probably no even been the best player at ER this season (Gray) is what is funny about it.

Who in your opinion is the best player in the league after David Gray?

I'm old enough to remember longer than six years, though. Collins, Latapy, Brown, Thomson were all far better. I'd probably put Allan about the same level as Beuzelin, and that's not an insult to Allan.

Certainly there's a lot of JKB v .net shite involved in it.

Collins left Hibs in 1990. Not being as good as four players in 25 years doesn't exactly qualify as "nothing out of the ordinary". Boozy played about 100 games for Hibs, too early to be sure but I expect Allan to be a far better player. If Hibs don't go up, there's no chance we'll keep him for the final year of his contract.

I'm aware of the fact that this is turning into a pointlessly detailed debate about something that doesn't really matter but take two games which Allan's performance was criticised by jambos on here (fairly for the latter, laughably for the former, set pieces aside) - Hearts and Rangers away, his "world cup passes" directly lead to a goal in each. He's not as workmanlike as Gray but undoubtedly a more talented and important player.

I feel I'm getting off topic.

Surely we can all agree that Hibs are the best ball team in the Championship and that's that.

Ok, their scrotes are second to none. As to football. the league doesn't lie. Hearts are currently 20 points better than Hibs.

Archived