Are Hibs the best team in the championship

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whole topic of "who's the best footballing team" is purely subjective...all depends on the style of football you like. Everyone raved about Barcelona but I personally found their football tedious.

I can't honestly say I've seen much of Hibs this season other than the derbies and they looked a much improved side, I've certainly not seen a Hibs side with as much drive in a derby in a long time.

But in all honesty, it's a hell of a bold claim to be "the best" when you are 20 points behind the league leaders.

Arab in peace. How is Keith Watson getting on? A good guy, and once a great prospect. I think most hibees were pretty happy with the signing but has he settled in ok?

Looks decent, but David Gray is one of Hibs best players. Good back-up though.

The whole topic of "who's the best footballing team" is purely subjective...all depends on the style of football you like. Everyone raved about Barcelona but I personally found their football tedious.

I can't honestly say I've seen much of Hibs this season other than the derbies and they looked a much improved side, I've certainly not seen a Hibs side with as much drive in a derby in a long time.

But in all honesty, it's a hell of a bold claim to be "the best" when you are 20 points behind the league leaders.

You might want to check who started this thread. The opinion of Hibs fans that we're the best in the league (obvious jokes on this thread aside) is yet another invention from the likes of Paulo and the other kickback warrior poets.

You might want to check who started this thread. The opinion of Hibs fans that we're the best in the league (obvious jokes on this thread aside) is yet another invention from the likes of Paulo and the other kickback warrior poets.

There does also seem to be a fair amount of Hibs cheerleading in mainstream media and it may be that some Hearts fans are annoyed that Hearts being dead good this season has become old news as Hibs not being the mid table mediocrities they were a few months ago has attracted more attention.

No doubt Hearts will start getting more if the spotlight as we close in on the title before the playoff race takes centre stage.

Obviously to suggest that Hibs are the best team in the championship would be silly but they've got a reasonable claim to be the form team.

Hearts have had no shortage of (completely deserved) praise in the media. If Hibs have stolen some headlines recently it's only because second place has become the interesting contest as far as the media is concerned. Fair enough really. Jambos do love greeting about Hibs fans' opinions that they've sctually made up, it obviously goes without saying that Hearts are the best team in the division.

^^^ Word salad.

but they've got a reasonable claim to be the form team.

They don't. Not by a single measure.

What would have been interesting is if Stubbs had a bit more time to get his own players in and settled. The league would I reckon have been a lot closer and Sevco would have been well adrift in third.

No doubt it would've been closer than it is but I still think Hearts would've won it fairly comfortably. Even on a really good run of form, there's always plenty of touch and go moments. Hearts have just steamrolled all the wee shitey teams and there's a certain level of consistency that can't really be competed with.

For all the doom and gloom not so long ago, I'd have bitten the metaphorical hand off for second and a cup semi in March though. Stubbs' football is joyous to watch in comparison to a few years of Fenlon and Butcher as well. It's a huge if but if we do go up this year, I dare say relegation will eventually go down as an overall positive for the club.

No doubt it would've been closer than it is but I still think Hearts would've won it fairly comfortably. Even on a really good run of form, there's always plenty of touch and go moments. Hearts have just steamrolled all the wee shitey teams and there's a certain level of consistency that can't really be competed with.

For all the doom and gloom not so long ago, I'd have bitten the metaphorical hand off for second and a cup semi in March though. Stubbs' football is joyous to watch in comparison to a few years of Fenlon and Butcher as well. It's a huge if but if we do go up this year, I dare say relegation will eventually go down as an overall positive for the club.

The last bit is key. Had you stayed up, chances are Butcher may have stayed and you might've had to endure another few months of his style of football. Getting Stubbs in has proved to be a shrewd move, and it's looking promising for both sides of the capital.

Agreed RE: our relegation. Obviously an absolute sheener at he time, but I dread to think how shite we'd still be if we'd held out a minute longer against Hamilton. Floating around the bottom six for what feels like eternity before eventual relegation anyway.

Whether we go up or not I've enjoyed this season more than any of the last five or six, and more importantly whenever we go up we'll have actually achieved something (sort of) to do it. Therefore I really can't see us being nearly as shite on our return to the top flight as we were before relegation.

The silver lining of relegation thing only really applies if we go up this season, or in the unspeakable fantasy realm of us winning the cup.

Few years down here and what feels atm like a club getting its act together, will have turned out to be nothing of the sort. Plus there'll be nae chance of keeping the likes of Allan, McGeouch etc.

The silver lining of relegation thing only really applies if we go up this season, or in the unspeakable fantasy realm of us winning the cup.

Few years down here and what feels atm like a club getting its act together, will have turned out to be nothing of the sort. Plus there'll be nae chance of keeping the likes of Allan, McGeouch etc.

Hibs won't spend a few years down here. Next season at most. Stubbs got Allan and McGeough etc. to Easter Road when you looked shite. Now you actually look like a team that can progress even if they did disappear he'll be able to attract some decent players again.

I'm waiting for the seethe when he takes Vaulks or Sibbald from Falkirk.

What would have been interesting is if Stubbs had a bit more time to get his own players in and settled. The league would I reckon have been a lot closer and Sevco would have been well adrift in third.

I can't agree with this.

We also had a new manager and a raft of new signings. It's an easy go to excuse.

Archived