Thug or Misunderstood?

Thug or Misunderstood?  

224 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The modern day Barry Ferguson. Least Barry had the bottle to test himself down south though.

Have to disagree with this one. Brown, IMO, is a far better player than Ferguson ever was. Wee Barry had a tremendous amount of hype around him which revolved around one season when he scored a bucket load of penalties and free kicks. He was a limited thug if ever I saw one. (The Scotland fans didn't like him however as he didn't have the ability or commitment to back up his thuggery).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's just say I'd like his, and Celtic's, resolve to be tested. A £10m plus offer would get Celtic interested and I'm sure the hassle of moving his family would seem a lot less tiresome if he were offered £80k a week rather than the, (guess) £5k-£10k he is on at Celtic. I think the fact that there haven't been any offers really has helped to make his mind up rather than him having had the choice.

Some guess!

Have to disagree with this one. Brown, IMO, is a far better player than Ferguson ever was. Wee Barry had a tremendous amount of hype around him which revolved around one season when he scored a bucket load of penalties and free kicks. He was a limited thug if ever I saw one. (The Scotland fans didn't like him however as he didn't have the ability or commitment to back up his thuggery).

I think Ferguson was completely under rated and held his own in England.

That's what I think. It's a reasonable comparison, but Ferguson was better. Maybe even comfortably better. I'm quite shocked to see neutrals claiming that Brown is 'much' or 'far' better than Ferguson.

Ferguson was very limited IMO. Backpass Barry was quite apt, was always good at keeping the ball but thats about it. He was only rated so highly cause we were so shite at the time. James Morrison is a better player.

Ferguson was very limited IMO. Backpass Barry was quite apt, was always good at keeping the ball but thats about it. He was only rated so highly cause we were so shite at the time. James Morrison is a better player.

Agree completely. He was even more limited in a Scotland jersey IMO, (when he could be bothered turning up). I've been a member of the TA for a long time and have very rarely met anyone who rated him for Scotland apart from Rangers fans. Fletcher, Morrison, and Bryson are all better players currently.

Agree completely. He was even more limited in a Scotland jersey IMO, (when he could be bothered turning up). I've been a member of the TA for a long time and have very rarely met anyone who rated him for Scotland apart from Rangers fans. Fletcher, Morrison, and Bryson are all better players currently.

Let's be honest when you're in a midfield 3 with guys like Graham Alexander/Dailly/Pearson/Quashie etc you're gonna look half decent if you keep the ball. I actually preferred Paul Hartley in a Scotland jersey.

Let's be honest when you're in a midfield 3 with guys like Graham Alexander/Dailly/Pearson/Quashie etc you're gonna look half decent if you keep the ball. I actually preferred Paul Hartley in a Scotland jersey.

I preferred just about anyone who turned up and didn't send a sick note 3 days before turning out for their club. Christian! Christian!, (German accent necessary), is still the love of my life and can still s*ag my wife any time he wants. I'd also like to say that I still want curly hair too.

I preferred just about anyone who turned up and didn't send a sick note 3 days before turning out for their club. Christian! Christian!, (German accent necessary), is still the love of my life and can still s*ag my wife any time he wants. I'd also like to say that I still want curly hair too.

Not slating Fergie or any of the guys ( especially Dailly :wub: ) I just dont think they were that good, the current crop of midfielders are far better than what we had then and have had for a long time. Would Ferguson get a game now over Brown/Morrison/Fletcher? Not so sure.

Barry Ferguson might have been a wee shite but he was a bloody good player and I would easily have him ahead of Brown in terms of ability. You had to see him live at Scotland games just to appreciate how well he played. He more than matched his opposite number who were more stellar names.

Barry Ferguson might have been a wee shite but he was a bloody good player and I would easily have him ahead of Brown in terms of ability. You had to see him live at Scotland games just to appreciate how well he played. He more than matched his opposite number who were more stellar names.

I saw him have a couple of great games for Scotland, no doubt, but they were few and far between. Imperious against Italy and Magnificent against France he showed flashes of brilliance occasionally. Then against the Georgias and the Faroes he faded into obscurity as he couldn't adapt his game to a packed midfield. The truly great players have more than one style and Ferguson was, (good), but, one toned.

Big fan of Brown but in terms of ability on the ball Ferguson was definitely the better player. As an all round player and for his character if I was forced to pick one I'd possibly go for Brown. Both have been/were consistently very good for Scotland despite what a vocal minority would say.

Archived