Ayr v Stenny

I'm sure Ayr will be disappointed not to win, but I'd rather be a point behind with their run-in than a point ahead with Stenny's. Next week will be a huge week for Stenny, at home to Dunfermline while Ayr are away at Morton. I think they'll really need to stretch the lead to 4 points by next Saturday (although obviously that requires a bit of help from Morton), as they then play the top 5 in a row with 3 of them away from home.

The positive for Stenny is that if it goes to the last day they have a rubbish Stirling side who will be relegated, but Ayr are away to Forfar who will probably be playing for the title.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought our front two were okay today, the Middle three all had really good games, winning the ball and making passes with JP the standout. The back three and wing backs all solid and hard working. Feels like a defeat tbh but if we play like that hopefully be okay!

We stole a point in all honesty but were down to the bare bones with no Hodge and Macmillan.

Crawford was excellent for Ayr and Beattie absolutely hilarious to watch that mad run he was doing in the 2nd half when he was gubbed had me in tears.

I keep hearing that Ayr have an easier run in which is a load of bollocks really anyone can beat anyone on their day in this league and we will be playing mostly the same teams.

Are Aye good enough to win a few in a row anywhere? I'm not convinced they are to be honest I think we will do enough to stay above them once we get Hodge and Macmillan back.

Are Aye good enough to win a few in a row anywhere? I'm not convinced they are to be honest I think we will do enough to stay above them once we get Hodge and Macmillan back.

Maybe in theory, but I don't think they've won consecutive games since August, or something like that.

Robbie Crawford is playing out his skin at the moment, he's everywhere on those highlights!

What a miss by Forrest, Beattie's lob should have hit the target and Preston has sclaffed one over the keeper and given the defender a chance to poke it off the line. If we can play like that next week I'd be confident of taking something from the game.

Kudos to AU Media for getting the highlights out so soon.

Happy with a point but that chance at the end. Got out of jail. Should have been buried. Always thought we were dangerous on the counter and could have nicked it. Three unbeaten now so we do appear to have turned a corner.

There was never any fear that you'd get buried by the current Ayr United team. We cannot get by on hard luck stories. Yet another 'must win' game has not been won. Here's looking forward to another 'must win game' next week. Bitterly disappointed at our league position. It's still not good enough.

I still can't believe we didn't win that. Forrest's miss was an absolute shocker.

JP McGovern has not done anywhere near enough this year IMO but he was excellent today, totally ran the show along with Crawford.

If Robbie Crawford could score 10+ goals a season and hit a team mate with 60-70% of his passes he would leave Ayr for a five figure sum plus add-ons at least

Some of his performances recently have been worth £15 alone and with any improvement in his output could see a big move on the cards.

We showed today we still can't boss a midfield, As much as Stenny fans have picked him out as a high profile diddy I though Beattie played well and had a decent measure of the defense, Preston struggled with playing against Lithgow as he did against Airdrie and ironically maybe would have learned something from Roberts about holding the ball up.

Come what may in a couple of months time I doubt Gilmore or Robertson would still be at the club

A disappointing result for Ayr, given their chances. Still, next game is against the team we've taken most points from this season, I think. Record against Morton is two wins and a draw. Football is a funny game! Can Ayr do it again?

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if The Honest Page is gone for good? I haven't been able to get on to it for nine days now. I've just joined here. My son says P&B is much better. Looking forward to using this website.

There was never any fear that you'd get buried by the current Ayr United team. We cannot get by on hard luck stories. Yet another 'must win' game has not been won. Here's looking forward to another 'must win game' next week. Bitterly disappointed at our league position. It's still not good enough.

I meant that chance should have been buried.

We are a much stronger team than we ever were under Booth. We've only conceded one goal in the last three matches and the team is proving a lot more robust, physically and mentally, than they ever have all season. Lithgow being a case in point.

A disappointing result for Ayr, given their chances. Still, next game is against the team we've taken most points from this season, I think. Record against Morton is two wins and a draw. Football is a funny game! Can Ayr do it again?

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but does anyone know if The Honest Page is gone for good? I haven't been able to get on to it for nine days now. I've just joined here. My son says P&B is much better. Looking forward to using this website.

It is far better but it takes time to adjust to the different tone of posts.

It's been pretty obvious all season that McGovern is a player. Maybe his match fitness was suspect early in the season, but wouldn't hesitate to sign him for next season. Some of the scapegoatery that goes on is just baffling.

It's been pretty obvious all season that McGovern is a player. Maybe his match fitness was suspect early in the season, but wouldn't hesitate to sign him for next season. Some of the spacegoatery that goes on is just baffling.

I think you have to take into consideration this is a new position for him, and the reason he is in there is because his legs have gone.

Also whatever Marko was telling him to do was (shockingly) clearly not working. McCall has worked out a good use for him and its showing now.

Welcome Ian. Good to have a decent poster on the site!

Not sure about the Honestpage, I assume it's server problems again.

Just want to thank you guys for the fantastic reception you've given my son Jordan Preston. He's cutting his teeth at senior level and is learning from every game, he will score goals for fun given the service as he has proved in his youth career. I've been to Stirling and Dunfermline to watch and am so impressed by the fantastic support this club has and how they've looked after mi boy...big thanks to you all

Just want to thank you guys for the fantastic reception you've given my son Jordan Preston. He's cutting his teeth at senior level and is learning from every game, he will score goals for fun given the service as he has proved in his youth career. I've been to Stirling and Dunfermline to watch and am so impressed by the fantastic support this club has and how they've looked after mi boy...big thanks to you all

Another year with us next year can only help him ;)

Unfortunately not had the chance to see Ayr play in over a month now, but he's certainly had a good reception on here and features plenty on the highlights which can only be a good thing. As No Problemo says another season with us on loan can do no harm!

Archived