Scotland v Qatar

Lyle Lanley

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well of his final ball yes. But just because his delivery wasn't great didn't mean he had a bad game

Of course it does.

He's a winger, his job is to get crosses into the box/provide passes to set up goals.

He easily beat his man on Friday night however provided the square root of f**k all in terms of crosses.

For me, Forrest was absolutely terrible and there's no hiding from that.

Of course it does.

He's a winger, his job is to get crosses into the box/provide passes to set up goals.

He easily beat his man on Friday night however provided the square root of f**k all in terms of crosses.

For me, Forrest was absolutely terrible and there's no hiding from that.

He got plenty of balls in the box...

2nd best performer in the yellow white and pink.

No he didn't.

He frequently beat his man then fell/lost the ball/done f**k all with it.

Yes he did

Which is a bit of a thankless task when there's only Naismith in there by himself anyway

Forrest was the only one making things happen, he got us up the park and beat his men, his delivery and decision making needs to be better at times but overall he had a decent game

I don't think he actually completed one cross iirc.

Did have a few decent runs though. An alright bench option, but quite rightfully he'll be nowhere near the starting line up.

Yes he did

Which is a bit of a thankless task when there's only Naismith in there by himself anyway

Forrest was the only one making things happen, he got us up the park and beat his men, his delivery and decision making needs to be better at times but overall he had a decent game

Delivery and decision making in addition to beating your man are fundamentals of being a winger, beating a man means absolutely nothing if you cannot do something meaningful with the ball once you've past the man.

If Forrest, who has over 100 senior appearances for Celtic including champions league matches etc, still cannot make that vital pass/cross when needed then for me he shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland team.

We don't create chances galore as it is and we cannot rely on someone who might put a decent ball in every 4/5 attempts.

Ireland team IMO

Marshall

Hutton-Martin-Greer-Robertson

Brown-Mulgrew

Naismith-Maloney-Anya

Fletcher

They all play for Scotland m8.

The level of vitriol directed at Forrest here is something else. Plenty of wingers have had pish games in Scotland shirts. Maloney spent quite some time being one of them back in the day. Strachan knows what he's capable of, and it's only right he gives him a go at achieving it. Also, his brother's not quite ready yet.

All these people wanting Berra in the team must have had their minds wiped recently. An indescribable horror show for club and country.

Delivery and decision making in addition to beating your man are fundamentals of being a winger, beating a man means absolutely nothing if you cannot do something meaningful with the ball once you've past the man.

If Forrest, who has over 100 senior appearances for Celtic including champions league matches etc, still cannot make that vital pass/cross when needed then for me he shouldn't be anywhere near the Scotland team.

We don't create chances galore as it is and we cannot rely on someone who might put a decent ball in every 4/5 attempts.

I don't think he should be in the Scotland team either :lol:

I just think he played quite well on Friday, especially in comparison to others, and he is STILL getting a barrage of abuse!!

Give the guy a fucking break :lol:

I think Forrest or Ritchie might get a shock start

Pie and Bovril would not be happy

Stop talking shite :lol:

All people have done is give an honest opinion on their performances, I really want them to be good players for Scotland. There's no reason they won't go on to be good players for us but they'll both have to improve.

Stop talking shite :lol:

All people have done is give an honest opinion on their performances, I really want them to be good players for Scotland. There's no reason they won't go on to be good players for us but they'll both have to improve.

I agree with everything you've just said

If you don't have a final ball, you're fucked as an attacking threat. This isn't rocket science.

If you're at Celtic, and getting picked for Scotland squads by WGS yer a no bad player. This isn't rocket science either.

Archived