TMSTID v The Famous Aberdeen

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aberdeen's problem areas look to be in goal and at CH for me. Ash Taylor has had a terrible game every time he's faced us. Granted, he's meant to be one of your better performers, but in his appearances against Dundee, he's looked a total haddy. Kenny McLean was the one I was most surprised at. He's owned us the majority of times he's played against us for St Mirren, but was completely anonymous.

Aberdeen's problem areas look to be in goal and at CH for me. Ash Taylor has had a terrible game every time he's faced us. Granted, he's meant to be one of your better performers, but in his appearances against Dundee, he's looked a total haddy. Kenny McLean was the one I was most surprised at. He's owned us the majority of times he's played against us for St Mirren, but was completely anonymous.

Ash Taylor is undoubtedly a good player, but you're spot on with our goalkeeping problems (obviously) and as for McLean, he has completely flattered to deceive so far. Not going to get on his back and he deserves a pre season with us etc until we can expect him to perform, but I did expect better.

Alex_14, on 23 Mar 2015 - 16:18, said:

He does need to put on a stone or two if he wants to make it to a higher level but yeah, what a marvelous decision from Aberdeen. Again.

That's a nonsense. For a keeper that does have a slight build, I've yet to see him once be bullied in the air. When he goes for a cross (And he does, a lot) 99 times out of a hundred he's claiming that ball.

He's also off his line brilliantly, and that stone or two would probably slow him down in that respect.

He's as agile as Speroni, as dominant as Douglas, just a pity he's not as mental as Pageaud. ;)

My only problem with him is that he's a No voter. :thumbsdown

McLean's an excellent player and I think Pittodrie's the right place for him. At St Mirren he was their main man, especially when Thompson was out. They set themselves up to try and get the best out of him, bursting through from midfield. At Aberdeen, with better players, he was going to have to adjust and fit in rather than having the team planned round him. It's bound to take a while before we see him at his best, but I've no doubt it will happen and probably next season.

Bain makes some great saves. The one from McGinn in particular is better than I remember. Can't believe Aberdeen are playing with Langfield in goal having released Bain.

It does seem weird that they went from fast tracking him to the first team squad to releasing him. Keepers need more time to develop. I know money's always limited, but I'd have thought the ideal solution would have been season long loans. Actually, if Aberdeen had retained him on a long contract and put him out to Alloa he'd probably be the Dons' number one by now. Certainly you won't find any Dundee fans who'd swap him for any of the Aberdeen keepers. Taking age into account I'm not sure you'd find many who'd trade him for anyone else in the Premiership.

Any high balls that come into his area are his too. Top notch keeper.

The way he deals with crosses is hugely reassuring. It's daft, but I almost start to relax when the other side shapes to hoof a high ball into Bain's territory. So far that's just been a quick way of losing possession. He's bound to screw up now and again, but if he's sensible and he's handled properly (as Hartley will) then he can reach the top.

The way he deals with crosses is hugely reassuring. It's daft, but I almost start to relax when the other side shapes to hoof a high ball into Bain's territory. So far that's just been a quick way of losing possession. He's bound to screw up now and again, but if he's sensible and he's handled properly (as Hartley will) then he can reach the top.

Yip. If you and I feel relaxed imagine how the defenders feel, its obvious to see the difference in our centre backs between when Bain and Letheren are in goal.

:lol:

Title aspirations :lol:

Brilliant :lol::lol::lol:

It was meant in jest, hence the 'ahem' before it. Do try and keep up. We are a much improved team though and with a decent keeper may even push celtic further next season.

Not sure what you are laughing about either, means your lot drop a place too mate haha...mon the jambos..Id have a bet with the sheep fans that hearts will finish above them but they have history of not paying up when they lose bets..

^^^ Types out a bet he states he'd be willing to take and then shites it in the same sentence.

Minter.

Archived