Battlefield : Hardline

mrcat1990

Anyone going for this?I remember it's announcement was met with fair cynicism on here, looking at it though looks fairly good fun online. Still debating whether to purchase or not though or just go budget and buy Battlefield 4.

Finding this bloody difficult. When I first picked up Battlefield 3 I took to it fairly quickly, this one I'm dying constantly. My aim is a complete mess.

Started campaign on this last night. First impressions are that it seems really good, though I get why Battlefield veterans wouldn't enjoy it.

Love the TV series feel of the campaign and I'll play some of the other modes tonight.

Can you elaborate on why they wouldn't enjoy it. I liked battlefield but was far from a diehard I do like the look of this one tho.

because it's nothing like the other BFs, they're clearly trying to tap into the COD market. It's a decent game, the new game modes are alright but not worth the 40/50/90 £. I wish I got the BF4 dlc instead, I'm already considering trading it for Borderlands handsome collection and I've already completed BL2

Can you elaborate on why they wouldn't enjoy it. I liked battlefield but was far from a diehard I do like the look of this one tho.

The campaign is more stealth based and gives more kudos for making arrests and non lethal takedowns than it does for killing enemies, which is fair given that you're a cop.

Played a few onlinecgames last night and really enjoyed despite being utterly pish. I've never been much of a twitch gamer (the old fashioned type, not the streaming service) so people with much better reactions pick me off a bit easy, but I'll improve.

Are the maps big, they must be huge to make this work.

Some are and some aren't. They aren't the same vastness as some maps in the last battlefield titles. Never felt any map is too big or too small though while playing online.

tempted now. Felt you could become detached from the action in BF4

I never played BF4 but certainly experienced that with BF3, ie Gulf Of Oman. Problem with this one is its utterly frantic and there is little time to hide. Trying to go on a killstreak of more than two in conquest has thus far proved impossible.

This or bloodborne?

Haven't played Bloodborne but can't say Hardline is worth the price. It's amusing enough but nothing brilliant. Would be a decent buy at £25.

Archived