Gartcairn Juniors

rtg1971

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4G will never be the surface of choice, having come through all artificial surfaces and been brought up on red blaze parks, there is nothing to beat grass the "natural surface" 3G/4G are what they are good for training, bad for running on, no true bounce to the ball add wind it then becomes a farcical surface, good because they have lights to accommodate busy schedules and later starts fot training on. I watch an Spfl league match last Thursday when the away team were frightened of the surface and stuttered into tackles. Not the future for me grass ya bass.

No, Rangers were just pish.

Looking forward to our one getting installed soon. Best of luck to Gartcairn, not too far away for a friendly.....

Is this a saturday or sunday amatuer side making the step up to the juniors.I would like to have seen them join the East Region though.

Need to get your geography sorted out. Based in Airdrie and you want them in the East?

Is this a saturday or sunday amatuer side making the step up to the juniors.I would like to have seen them join the East Region though.

Its complete seperate entity in regards to teams.

We still have our amateurs sides in Saturday morning and Sunday morning. No doubt i expect a few of the lads to make the step to the juniors as they are more than capable (should already be) playing junior.

Excited to be a small part of this large project.

MTC

Its complete seperate entity in regards to teams.

We still have our amateurs sides in Saturday morning and Sunday morning. No doubt i expect a few of the lads to make the step to the juniors as they are more than capable (should already be) playing junior.

Excited to be a small part of this large project.

MTC

Thanks for the sensible reply.

• 5 weeks later...

Guys just so it doesn't come as a shock at the agm but we have not been allowed to go forward with entering the league at our own park due to changing facilities being too far away from the pitch.

Thankfully however with the help of NLL we shall be playing out of Coatbridge outdoor sports centre located here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Coatbridge+Outdoor+Sports+Centre/@55.856816,-4.04027,420m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48886bcd0f6cffa3:0xd7c79b533999ee80

this pitch ticks all the boxes for entry in to the SJFA and the pitch will be rolled, cut and maintained better than what it currently is.

So for all you 3g haters out there this shall be welcome news to you all ;)

We have had word back from the SJFA committee that they shall be putting us forward at the AGM so i can only hope that you guys all vote us in.

I look forward to junior teams coming to the pitch where i hope we provide a decent match day experience for all involved.

Thanks

Are Gartcairn getting exclusive use of the pitch or will it be available for public hire? Knowing the council they will have it booked out to amateur teams every weeknight in August and it will be like a coo field again come September.

Guys just so it doesn't come as a shock at the agm but we have not been allowed to go forward with entering the league at our own park due to changing facilities being too far away from the pitch.

Thankfully however with the help of NLL we shall be playing out of Coatbridge outdoor sports centre located here https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Coatbridge+Outdoor+Sports+Centre/@55.856816,-4.04027,420m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m2!3m1!1s0x48886bcd0f6cffa3:0xd7c79b533999ee80

this pitch ticks all the boxes for entry in to the SJFA and the pitch will be rolled, cut and maintained better than what it currently is.

So for all you 3g haters out there this shall be welcome news to you all ;)

We have had word back from the SJFA committee that they shall be putting us forward at the AGM so i can only hope that you guys all vote us in.

I look forward to junior teams coming to the pitch where i hope we provide a decent match day experience for all involved.

Thanks

2mins from my front door easy to take a few games in. Good luck gartcairn

Archived