Fear the Walking Dead

1320Lichtie

• 2 weeks later...

I'm the opposite, I'm getting quite bored with it.  It's just TWD in a different location, it brings nothing different.

I keep jumping into this every time it crops up (which is a lot), but I just can't see how anyone can disagree with you. There is absolutely nothing different or better than TWD. They're just shitter characters and they're on a boat.

I keep jumping into this every time it crops up (which is a lot), but I just can't see how anyone can disagree with you. There is absolutely nothing different or better than TWD. They're just shitter characters and they're on a boat.

I'd genuinely forgotten about it until I saw unread posts on this thread!

Enjoyed last nights one again. Shame others aren't on here but seems to be well liked on the whole. No idea where it's heading which I'm finding quite enjoyable and I really like Nick. It's good to have TWD all year round now with this being on as well.

Finally caught up fully and just finished watching episode 3 of the new season.

I think it's alright, nothing more, nothing less. Really didn't enjoy the first season but the second I think has seen a bit of a jump in quality though which is a good sign.

I'm a massive Walking Dead fan, even all the recent seasons that some have been shitting on so I was always going to watch this and it's decent enough that I'll keep watching for now and hope that it improves.

The main problem at the moment is awful characters. They are only 8 episodes in so they don't need a concrete storyline at the moment, it's the start of the outbreak and they are trying to survive and learn some basic survival skills. I have no issue with this basic storyline at the moment.

The trouble with this as I alluded to is the characters. With such a simple storyline premise, the opening 12 episodes or so should be about establishing interesting characters and interesting stories and dynamics and that is where the show has struggled so far.

The core group of 8 characters has around half that get pass marks for me (just). Strand and Nick have had a little bit of time to show development and are probably the two most interesting so far. Possible pass marks to Madison and Alicia (although being fit will only get her so far).

The other 4 characters are woeful with Travis being the pick of the pile. Assuming he is meant to be our leading man, he is an absolute wet blanket. An utter pussy of a character. Now that would be fine if he was intentionally meant to be a mess but I don't think that is how they are trying to portray him which makes him unlikeable, unrelateable and boring. His son Chris has shown nothing than being the stubborn angsty teen that we have seen a million times. Daniel is so meh and screams like they are trying to make him the cool older no nonsense guy and his daughter Ofelia is the most non existent character on the show.

It's not unsalvageable by a long shot. The nature of the show dictates that we will see new characters introduced and original members killed off (hopefully) so there is plenty opportunity for them to shake things up and get rid of the dross. If they do that and introduce a solid storyline going forward then it could be decent. At the moment it's 'alright'

Edited by DavidMcG

There's a little hope for this now that they've started doing flashbacks. It would be handy if they could flashback to the outbreak at some point and give us some of the prequel stuff they promised us, only with some better characters who maybe have an insight into what happened.

Just caught up on S2 E4, while it's an ok show to watch and the quality has definitely increased, it's still such a massive disappointment. It's now just The Walking Dead California and 5 years behind. Billed as a prequel it's anything but, same story, group of people trying to survive zombie apocalypse. The time and place has changed and that's it. How long before The Walkng Dead: London, The Walking Dead:NYC? The Walking Dead series or franchise or whatever you want to call is a massive money earner for AMC. So wouldn't surprise me if they milked the shit out of it!

I'll watch it as long as I have time, won't make an effort like I do with TWD. Sometimes I forget when it's on.

Just caught up on S2 E4, while it's an ok show to watch and the quality has definitely increased, it's still such a massive disappointment. It's now just The Walking Dead California and 5 years behind. Billed as a prequel it's anything but, same story, group of people trying to survive zombie apocalypse. The time and place has changed and that's it. How long before The Walkng Dead: London, The Walking Dead:NYC? The Walking Dead series or franchise or whatever you want to call is a massive money earner for AMC. So wouldn't surprise me if they milked the shit out of it!

I'll watch it as long as I have time, won't make an effort like I do with TWD. Sometimes I forget when it's on.

This. Presumably, its going to play second fiddle to TWD in terms of storylines/writing etc. Had it been the prequel we all expected it might have had more chance of standing on its own

Just watched the new episode Ep03.

With risk of sounding like a 12year old girl its quite gruesome.

I'm really enjoying this now and think this is going to be a good season.

I'm still watching and really enjoying it, I like this much more than TWD first 10 episodes.

Its only been a few days so still time when in Mexico or from Flashbacks to see the whole outbreak.

Fantastic last night for me. I'm really starting to like alot of the characters now too, just brilliant I thought. The ending was absolutely superb even if slightly flawed, should've wrapped stuff round the mouth more. ;):lol:

Edited by 1320Lichtie

I finally started watching this with the Mrs last night.

I'm a huge Walking Dead fanboy so my expectations were unreasonably high.  I thoroughly enjoyed it.  The core family are a pretty interesting bunch of characters so far and Nick definitely has echoes of a young Johnny Depp, with some Jack Sparrow-isms in particular thrown in there.

I'm looking forward to the rest of it.  Does anyone know when and if they're adding season 2 to Amazon Prime?

Caught up on the latest episodes last night. Its definitely getting better, although 3 things bugged me

1. The whole "getting into Mexico" thing was a complete waste of time. Big setup, all looks like its going Pete Tong and then they shoot 2 "soldiers" and just sail past the rest.

2. The infected in the cellar. Obviously we've been there in TWD. Its bad enough that they've ignored the whole prequel thing and just made it a spin-off but do we really need the same storylines too?

3. How is the infection spreading? We dont know in TWD and its clear the whole of the US is affected, but thats set a fairly long time after the outbreak. Only a few weeks has passed in this but they pitch up in a remote Mexican village hundreds of miles away and theyre all infected too ... how?? I think this is one of the things a lot of us expected this to answer, or at least touch on.

Still, the ending was pretty good and sets it up nicely for the mid-season finale next week. But (there had to be a but didnt there  :lol: ) ...

Presumably now they wont be welcome in the house any more. Is this just going to turn into another TWD - wander about > Ooo we're safe here > Oh no we're not > wander about > repeat  :rolleyes:

Chris going to kill Madison and Alisia was a nice twist. However, if it leads to more boring dialogue between Madison and Travis Im out.