Dundee FC vs Dundee United.

Yes, I feel that the lizard shagging GMS boy will be mopping up his dab tears with his left over pieces of naan bread from his korma on Wednesday evening.

I also predict that Rab Douglas will power bomb Alan Main through a ouija board and send him back to where once he came.

• Replies 543
  • Created
  • Last Reply

United have the edge over us, we just seem to panic every time we play them. Hoping that's not the case this time as in the derbies this season so far, GMS and Armstrong have been the players that have caused us the biggest problems. With those two gone and with United's current form, I can see this being a genuinely tense and nervy fixture for both sets of supporters. Can see united sneaking a narrow win.

G_Man1985, on 05 Apr 2015 - 13:30, said:

Same feeling.

However when Davidson came on off the bench caley didn't look like scoring so I'm happy again with him in defence.

Caley had their best two chances of the game when Davo was on. One was his fault as he totally misjudges the bounce of the ball and allows Doran to skip in and have a shot at goal. The other was Caley's best chance of the game with Ofere one on one with Bain.

I'm very worried if McPake doesn't make it.

G_Man1985, on 05 Apr 2015 - 14:02, said:

The best chance was when they scored..

He wasn't on

Your point was that Inverness didn't look like scoring when he came on. He almost gifted Caley the win when he came on.

G_Man1985, on 05 Apr 2015 - 19:05, said:

When he came on we didn't concede. That's facts. Bain had no wonder saves to make.

Davidson we have already spoke about his record when playing for Dundee this season.

:lol:

I always forget what it's like arguing with a true idiot until you pop-up.

Not confident at all for this one (cant remember last time I felt like that going into a derby) but hopefully the occasion gets that little bit more out of the players as it seems that McNamara is unable to motivate them at the moment. Would take any sort of a win and maybe even a draw, lose this and the tinkys fae doon the street are right on our tails with a good chance of leapfrogging us given our alarming form of late. Connolly must start and hopefully not the first one hooked if things are not going right. Would like to see us start with another striker and let Ciftci play off of him as when Cifcti drops deep the midfield no longer seems to be making the runs ahead of him (Armstrongs main strength).

Rado

McGowan Soutar Fojut Dixon

Butcher Rankin

Connolly Ciftci Dow

Muirhead

I'm not getting why we are so optimistic, we were 6 league games undefeated before the 4-1 game at Dens and we were 6 league game without a win before the 6-2 game so clearly our form is no indication to what will happen.

As far as the Dabs go they couldn't ask for a better game right now. They haven't won a league game since January, have sold 2 of their best players and their fans are arguing with the chairman and the manager.

I feel like I have read this script before.

3-1 for them. :(

I'm not getting why we are so optimistic, we were 6 league games undefeated before the 4-1 game at Dens and we were 6 league game without a win before the 6-2 game so clearly our form is no indication to what will happen.

As far as the Dabs go they couldn't ask for a better game right now. They haven't won a league game since January, have sold 2 of their best players and their fans are arguing with the chairman and the manager.

I feel like I have read this script before.

3-1 for them. :(

Agree with this. Seems set up for a massive fall from Dundee.

First goal will be massive. If Dundee can get it, it will be interesting to see if United can react given their confidence is bound to be low.

Caley had their best two chances of the game when Davo was on. One was his fault as he totally misjudges the bounce of the ball and allows Doran to skip in and have a shot at goal. The other was Caley's best chance of the game with Ofere one on one with Bain.

I'm very worried if McPake doesn't make it.

On the plus side, in the last derby McPake played GMS onside for scums 4th and gave Fojut a clear header for the next so maybe you shouldn't be so worried. It may be a blessing.

First goal will be massive. If Dundee can get it, it will be interesting to see if United can react given their confidence is bound to be low.

If Dundee score first then there's nae danger that we'll come back. The lack of imagination in our forward play (Ciftci apart) is staggering.

Archived