Cowdenbeath vs Livingston

Fingers crossed we continue our fantastic form from the previous two games tomorrow

The players should take confidence from their previous games and know it's in their hands tomorrow to potentially almost guarantee safety.

I believe we can do it with the same attitude,performance and determination as we have showed again Dumbarton and Raith.

If we win tomorrow I better find out what JN drinks as I promised him a bottle on here a couple of months ago if he were to keep us in the championship

Go on Cowden you can do it!

What will you be buying for Nishy if we stay up then 316?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We will all be Colin Nish and he will be an instant legend.

For sure. I'm wrong to single Nish out though despite his great contribution. What a difference in the team in those last 2 games. Getting Chopper back has been huge and players like Robbo and Nat have stepped up to the mark.

No failures against Rovers and we have looked like a different team. Jimmy Nic has rightly taken a lot of stick this season but he also deserves praise for changing his ways at long last. Not sure what he has been up to until now but I just hope that he keeps playing a settled team and formation at long last.

What will you be buying for Nishy if we stay up then 316?

How about If he scores the winning goal tomorrow for us and we stay in the Championship I will purchase a Cowden top and get Big Nishy printed on the back of it???? and keep for any future fundraising auctions as if he scores more and we stay up he could be a cult hero ????

Colin Nish eh wish I had been more patient with him but I think our performances didn't help matters

For sure. I'm wrong to single Nish out though despite his great contribution. What a difference in the team in those last 2 games. Getting Chopper back has been huge and players like Robbo and Nat have stepped up to the mark.

No failures against Rovers and we have looked like a different team. Jimmy Nic has rightly taken a lot of stick this season but he also deserves praise for changing his ways at long last. Not sure what he has been up to until now but I just hope that he keeps playing a settled team and formation at long last.

Fingers crossed only coo

Massive tomorrow

He's probably contributed more than Higgins has all season - but fans don't get on his back. Pick and choose.

Higgins has had nothing to work with all season. He's no Messi but he's done the best with the garbage he's had. He's not a goal scorer lile Kane or even Greg last season but who do you think we could have got that was better than Higgins?

No he's not. He's been absolutely dreadful for the most part. He's not done the best he could that's ludicrous, he constantly gives the ball away, he's missed countless sitters, he's always offside. Kane and Greg had the same players to work with, they just had each other

I think there's dozens of players we could have gotten better than him for the wages he will be on.

That's not my point though, my point is Nish came in - did no better or no worse than Higgins - and got shit loads of abuse from fans. He's been superb the last two games - something Sean hasn't been all season. If he had Colin all season we would be in a better position than we are now.

No he's not. He's been absolutely dreadful for the most part. He's not done the best he could that's ludicrous, he constantly gives the ball away, he's missed countless sitters, he's always offside. Kane and Greg had the same players to work with, they just had each other

I think there's dozens of players we could have gotten better than him for the wages he will be on.

That's not my point though, my point is Nish came in - did no better or no worse than Higgins - and got shit loads of abuse from fans. He's been superb the last two games - something Sean hasn't been all season. If he had Colin all season we would be in a better position than we are now.

I agree Nish shouldn't have got the abuse. The garbage Higgins has had to work with isn't the players, its the formations and tactics. We haven't tried to attack all season. During the limited periods we have he's done plenty.

Name a striker from another bottom half club that has done a better job than him. I'm not saying there aren't any but interested in who you would rather have had.

It's easy for me to be wish after the occasion and say 'I would rather this guy' towards the end of the season. I thought Higgins would be a good singing but it hasn't worked out, I think he has more bookings than goals.

Do you realise how contradictory every post you you've made recently sounds? "fans should get off Nish's back" then in the same breathe slagging Higgins. Why not just say "fans should get off Nish's back. He has contributed a fair bit in only a handful of games." Then just leave it at that.

Higgins has played about 30 games, Nish had played about 4, huge difference. And anyway, I'm not talking about getting off his back on here as I don't give a toss what's posted. I'm talking about at games. He's gets it stinking.

Nish was being used as a scapegoat by some supporters who were taking their frustrations out by giving him stick at games. Hopefully the last few matches will have put a stop to that. I never like to hear individual players being given abuse. It is hardly going to build their confidence.

Anyhoo, At least we are giving our strikers chances now. It's hard to score when your team rarely ventures into their opponents half. Our change in attitude and style has been a much needed breath of fresh air and long may it continue.

Its happened alot down the years, Greame Brown got stick when he first broke into the first team as did Markus P to name two. We need to all pull together and not look back. Yes the season has been a nightmare but we are in a position now that was never looking likely to happen less than a week ago.

A win today and hopefully a result goes our way elsewhere and we are a win away from survival.

Come on Cowden!

Its happened alot down the years, Greame Brown got stick when he first broke into the first team as did Markus P to name two. We need to all pull together and not look back. Yes the season has been a nightmare but we are in a position now that was never looking likely to happen less than a week ago.

A win today and hopefully a result goes our way elsewhere and we are a win away from survival.

Come on Cowden!

Good shout.

A win today could almost be job done in my opinion.

This season has not been pretty by any means but if you said at the start of the season you have a chance of finishing eighth we would have agreed that's a fantastic achievement.Also take into account that by finishing eighth is an improvement from last year.

So you are exactly right let's not look back and get right behind the team who have really stepped up to the mark when it has been vital in their last two games.

Come on Cowden you can do this!

Come on Cowden!

We have a great chance. Don't blow it this time. JN shouldn't need to motivate the players for this one. We only have Hearts and Alloa left to play after this. We want to finish it today. The players should imagine what it would be like having to get something off Hearts and then realise they probably won't have to if they win today.

Archived