Play off - Kilbirnie Shotts Arthurlie

juniorlegend

To be fair to Shotts they are really struggling to put a team on the park at the moment. From what I saw yesterday they were missing 2 of their more influential players from their previous game against us. We played much better yesterday but looking at the fixtures to play im not totally convinced we can keep our noses in front.

Struggling big time to get the full compliment of players on the park. Past two weeks we have listed one of our coaches as a sub.

Guys have left, Crawford and McMahon are gone. Couple of young lads playing yesterday with very little or no experience at this level.

The effort was there but little else. Lie played some nice stuff and deserved the win and progress in the cup.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that's the reason why Shotts haven't been given a league fixture for the next couple of weeks?

When Arthurlie have to play their 3 league games & ourselves 1. Here was me thinking that it was a massive conspiracy to let Shotts know what they have to do before a ball was kicked in their next league match whenever that may be

LADESIDE

So that's the reason why Shotts haven't been given a league fixture for the next couple of weeks?

When Arthurlie have to play their 3 league games & ourselves 1. Here was me thinking that it was a massive conspiracy to let Shotts know what they have to do before a ball was kicked in their next league match whenever that may be

LADESIDE

Not a chance. We fully expect to have a league game on the 9th of May. Only one club has asked for a fixture to be moved/cancelled and it wasn't Shotts Bon Accord. We'll play whenever the fixtures man decides we have to play and get on with it. Our last 3 league games are against teams from Ayrshire so you'd expect them to be on a Saturday.

LADESIDE

Are you trying to say a Lanarkshire conspiracy?

Not a chance. We fully expect to have a league game on the 9th of May. Only one club has asked for a fixture to be moved/cancelled and it wasn't Shotts Bon Accord. We'll play whenever the fixtures man decides we have to play and get on with it. Our last 3 league games are against teams from Ayrshire so you'd expect them to be on a Saturday.

So why no game scheduled for the 9th when both yourselves & Troon are idle. An yes rrg it has been going on for years

Also we have been sent to places like Kilsyth midweek in previous years so that dog don't hunt

LADESIDE

You will have a league game May 9 only if you get a full squad available.

Arthurlie still need to play Talbot and hurlford away and they aren't a Saturday. Play Talbot on Wednesday night then hurlford on bank holiday Monday

LADESIDE

I wasn't aware of any conspiracy going on, I'm not in the know regarding such matters, I was only telling the truth as far as the team goes.

Whatever the scenario the ask isn't going to get any easier, regardless of conspiracies.

I wasn't aware of any conspiracy going on, I'm not in the know regarding such matters, I was only telling the truth as far as the team goes.

Whatever the scenario the ask isn't going to get any easier, regardless of conspiracies.

What happened with McMahon? Cracking player for us but the last time I seen him he looked about 2 stone overweight

Don't think that Shotts as a club have done anything untoward but the way the fixtures are set out just opens itself up to question . Year on year this happens & for 1 reason or other it seems to benefit clubs from Your neck of the woods & hamstring clubs from Ayrshire . Only 1 reason I & a lot of others can see of this

LADESIDE

What happened with McMahon? Cracking player for us but the last time I seen him he looked about 2 stone overweight

Don't think that Shotts as a club have done anything untoward but the way the fixtures are set out just opens itself up to question . Year on year this happens & for 1 reason or other it seems to benefit clubs from Your neck of the woods & hamstring clubs from Ayrshire . Only 1 reason I & a lot of others can see of this

LADESIDE

Fair point mate, smells a bit shitty I agree. McMahon started like a whirlwind, he was a shoe in for player of the year last season if he continued like he started.

He went missing from the team for a wee while then returned overweight and seemingly disinterested. He just slipped out the picture and probably got fed up?

Just seen the fixtures for 9th May. Our only league remaining is Shotts at home. Cannot understand for the life of me why that game has not been cast! Bizarre situation

Neither club has a fixture on the 2nd either

If I was a bit naive a would say it was an oversight

LADESIDE

The Ayrshire fixture conspiracy strikes again, more paranoia on here than at a certain senior football team.

to be fair it does happen if you can't see it your not paying attention to fixtures guy..my question for you tho is nothing to do with fixtures conspiracy but do you think any of us have a worry over whoever in playoff

You don't think Shotts have had a successful season?

A think Shotts have had a successful season. Not in relegation zone. There aim for start of season woulda been to get clear of automatic relegation albeit they might still be in play off. They have had a successful season compared to kilbirnie and Arthurlie.

Archived