Twitter

Biscuits

Currently feeling as if the election is taking over my life so I may as well let it engulf me completely.

Anyone recommend some good Twitter accounts to follow?

Ps - glad to see @iainmartin1 being telt!

Twitter is a way for people to preach to the converted. I think it's inmportance is over-rated.

Same as newspapers. The power is probably in strengthening the will of the already-converted. It exerts that same type of power that churches have often had.

The #ScotsRiots and #NotRuledOutByTheSNP have been good reading.

Donald Kerr @DonaldIainKerr 1 hr1 hour ago

'Baw Hair' to be an official measurement scale. #NotRuledOutByTheSNP

23 retweets 32 favourites

Roddy Macdonald @logicsrock 3 hrs3 hours ago

500 Miles to replace God Save The Queen as UK National Anthem. #NotRuledOutByTheSNP

Jim R. @dinnatouch 4 hrs4 hours ago

@WingsScotland Irn-Bru to replace pink mouthwash in dentists surgeries #NotRuledOutByTheSNP

@JimForScotland is a comedy genius.

On a serious note however, both these accounts are decent for commentary.

@ExaroNews and @openDemocracy

He was forced to state this today!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

For the avoidance of doubt my twitter account hasn't been hacked and that last tweet was definitely from me.

@jamieross7 is good for an impartial journalist of the Nat persuasion. Although his recent tweets will make him look like a UKIP supporter because he's been out on the streets with David Coburn today.

His thinly veiled sarcasm towards Coburn is wonderful :lol:

Currently feeling as if the election is taking over my life so I may as well let it engulf me completely.

Anyone recommend some good Twitter accounts to follow?

Ps - glad to see @iainmartin1 being telt!

twitter is for twats or is that twatter is for twits. same difference probably.

You're so money supermarket dahling.

Quite like @faisalislam, the political editor of Sky News, and @britainelects is good for polls and stuff.

If you want to follow a token UKIP mentalist then look no further than @lillthrocksu . All the signs are there for a spectacular meltdown once the results are in and she occasionally posts photos of her tits as well.

Quite like @faisalislam, the political editor of Sky News, and @britainelects is good for polls and stuff.

If you want to follow a token UKIP mentalist then look no further than @lillthrocksu . All the signs are there for a spectacular meltdown once the results are in and she occasionally posts photos of her tits as well.

....and very nice they are too!

• 2 weeks later...

Faisal Islam is good, he replies and uses the medium well.

THere are loads of utter moonbats on political Twitter, can be good fun when you find them but take care not to follow too many your feed will become overrun.

If you follow anyone involved in Scottish politics your twitter feed is probably an utter mess just now.

Twitter basically consists of a) manufactured outrage, b) real outrage and c) pictures of animals anyway, so I don't see that it makes a difference which particular outrage you're subscribed to.

Archived