Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

“It is hard to get
any sort of game going on that surface. I have never approved of plastic pitches and never will. It is just not for me. I did my knee earlier in the season at Kilmarnock. Surely it is not good for your joints."

Good for his wallet though ;)

Glad to see the back of him and his petulance. He's was an imposter and a liability for most of last season.

Once described to me, by a member of staff at Firhill as "the sort of player who'd get you the sack".

Glad to see the back of him and his petulance. He's was an imposter and a liability for most of last season.

Most Partick fans are sad to see him go.

You are definitely in the minority.

I'm sad to see him go; he wasn't great last season (or for the first half of the season before) but he was awesome during the run in of the 2013-14 season. Totally unplayable. I've lost count of how many times I've watched his goal/celebration against Hearts on YouTube.

So in a strange way I'll miss him but I don't think we'll miss him. If that makes sense.

Kallum added: “I am really happy to have signed for Killie today. Gary has been relentless in his efforts to sign me and I have taken this as a huge compliment. I am now keen to work hard and re-pay his faith by doing well for the Club.”

Most Partick fans are sad to see him go.

You are definitely in the minority.

I'm sad to see him go; he wasn't great last season (or for the first half of the season before) but he was awesome during the run in of the 2013-14 season. Totally unplayable. I've lost count of how many times I've watched his goal/celebration against Hearts on YouTube.

So in a strange way I'll miss him but I don't think we'll miss him. If that makes sense.

What Mediocre Pundit is saying is the general opinion. There is alot of emotional attachment due to his glory run that went a long way to seeing us safe two seasons ago. Would go as far as saying at that point he was one of the best players I ever witnessed at Firhill. However, outside of that, and last season in particular, he was incredibly frustrating and at points simply poor.

To add to what has been said, was a great player in the latter part of 2013/14 season, but (aside from flashes) was as good as a player down for most of this season. I think he's the type of player that opposing fans think is a lot better than he actually is, because he does occasionally score a cracker which is highlighted on Sportscene etc. I said at the end of the season that if it was a choice between him and Lawless I would have Lawless every single time, so I'm not too bothered to see him go (even if I am a bit confused as to why he's signed for a club as boring and middling as Killie and a manager as clearly out of his depth and thick as Gary Locke).

I think it's a pretty good addition, actually.

I'd expect him to play the "no.10" role and be a direct replacement for Eremenko. If we're going to play balls over the top then at least we'll have a player that can go in behind Boyd/Magennis/or whoever is upfront. Hopefully playing as an attacking midfielder will allow him to be a bit more consistent than he was as a winger at Thistle last season.

If we get Boyd done (still a big if) then I really like the look of -

Boyd

Johnston Higginbotham Obadeyi

Now Gary, get working on those other players we desperately need.

I think it's a pretty good addition, actually.

I'd expect him to play the "no.10" role and be a direct replacement for Eremenko. If we're going to play balls over the top then at least we'll have a player that can go in behind Boyd/Magennis/or whoever is upfront. Hopefully playing as an attacking midfielder will allow him to be a bit more consistent than he was as a winger at Thistle.

We didn't really play him as a winger either. Him, Lawless and Stevenson all floated around as attacking mids but none were wingers in the conventional sense. I would politely suggest that there's little to no chance of Locke being able to get much more out of him than Archie, given that the former is quite clearly an idiot.

We didn't really play him as a winger either. Him, Lawless and Stevenson all floated around as attacking mids but none were wingers in the conventional sense. I would politely suggest that there's little to no chance of Locke being able to get much more out of him than Archie, given that the former is quite clearly an idiot.

All about opinions.

If it was a choice between the inconsistent 32-year-old Eremenko or the inconsistent 26-year-old Higginbotham then I'm happy with the choice we've made. Locke's style of play is more suited, as I said, to someone who can go in behind the forward and link up. If that player can replace the set pieces we've lost from Eremenko & Clingan then even better.

Archived