Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

Shame me once fool on you, shame me twice you can get fucked; is a phrase we should be using with Boyd. Except I can't help thinking it will be a good signing though a tad unimaginative. 'Big Jig' though can take the get fucked part of the above phrase and not darken our door step as far as I'm concerned

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Locke has banged on for weeks about limited budget and no cash to go spend compared to last season. However we have signed 4 players, 3 of which will be on decent wages i suspect. And i imagine another 2/3 signings to come, not to mention an assistant manager. Oh and we also brought in Dave Sykes. Has someone gave money we don't know of. was our budget last year overly big? Or is it a master plan from Locke to bring teams into a false sence of security?

Anyway teams shaping up nicely and this is the most optimsic preseason if had in long enough. Can we see a push in season ticket sales, and really push forward as a team/club now. Top 6 was the chat sounded miles off 3weeks ago, now not so far off.

Locke has banged on for weeks about limited budget and no cash to go spend compared to last season. However we have signed 4 players, 3 of which will be on decent wages i suspect. And i imagine another 2/3 signings to come, not to mention an assistant manager. Oh and we also brought in Dave Sykes. Has someone gave money we don't know of. was our budget last year overly big? Or is it a master plan from Locke to bring teams into a false sence of security?

Anyway teams shaping up nicely and this is the most optimsic preseason if had in long enough. Can we see a push in season ticket sales, and really push forward as a team/club now. Top 6 was the chat sounded miles off 3weeks ago, now not so far off.

Seems pretty obvious to me.

Our top two earners (by some distance) leave. Not only are Pascali and Eremenko now off the wage bill, but we can also cut out the £1000 pcm rent that we were paying Paska. Sammy Clingan is a current international, and wouldn't have been on peanuts either. Then you add in the wages saved by releasing Cairney, Eccleston and co. That's certainly a fair whack of cash.

Scott Robinson won't be earning anywhere close to what Clingan was e.g., and with Samson likely leaving too then there's your MacDonald money.

Eremenko, Pascali, Eccleston, Cairney out and Boyd, Higginbotham and Robinson in is business I can get behind. If we signed Adam Eckersley Neill Collins e.g. then I'd say our transfer business was the best it's been for a long time.

Our top two earners (by some distance) leave. Not only are Pascali and Eremenko now off the wage bill, but we can also cut out the £1000 pcm rent that we were paying Paska. Sammy Clingan is a current international, and wouldn't have been on peanuts either. Then you add in the wages saved by releasing Cairney, Eccleston and co. That's certainly a fair whack of cash.

Scott Robinson won't be earning anywhere close to what Clingan was e.g., and with Samson likely leaving too then there's your MacDonald money.

Eremenko, Pascali, Eccleston, Cairney out and Boyd, Higginbotham and Robinson in is business I can get behind. If we signed Adam Eckersley Neill Collins e.g. then I'd say our transfer business was the best it's been for a long time.

Maybe my point was a bit off, i was getting at locke said there would only be 3signings, maybe this was before eremenko and pasca left.

Boyd seems to be one of these players that only really performs at one club.

I have a sneaky feeling that once again his goals for Killie might just prove him to worth his weight ( not exactly inconsiderable ) to Killie's efforts of keeping their premier league status this season.

Looking forward to some banter with him similar to the opening game of the seasons couple of seasons ago.

miller was the top earner last season, you can add him to the list too

Boyd seems to be one of these players that only really performs at one club. I have a sneaky feeling that once again his goals for Killie might just prove him to worth his weight ( not exactly inconsiderable ) to Killie's efforts of keeping their premier league status this season. Looking forward to some banter with him similar to the opening game of the seasons couple of seasons ago.

He was excellent at Rangers the first time though.

Encouraging to hear all this. It's certainly made me that bit more optimistic now for the new season than what I was a couple of weeks ago. Let's see how this week progresses and go from there.

Archived