Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So is the McCulloch deal dead in the water, with Leven there? Or are we still going for him?

Happy Boyd is back. If we make him our main talisman and make him feel wanted, there's no reason he can't repeat 2013/14. Leven is an promising appointment too and nice to hear about a new centre half too.

Right too much optimism...

Boyd coming back has got me half of the hoped-for conclusions to the weekend gossip.

Just waiting for mcElbows not to arrive in any capacity to make me properly happy.

Seriously, the mood has lifted a fair bit over the last couple of weeks. Some big wages off the bill allowing for new faces to revitalise a lacklustre squad. I've never seen Findlay, but comments so far appear favourable. Boyd's return is obviously a big boost, especially as I expect he will be getting much more involved off the pitch this time round, with a view to a longer-term, non-playing role at TTOP.

Boyd will be good for Killie with a pre-season under his belt, McCoists awful training methods in the first half of the season ruined him.

Best of luck to Boydy.

Locke is such an innovative young manager right enough :lol: Killie are messed imo

Posted on .net earlier that we're in talks with Clingan.

Thoughts please.

If you can keep him fit he will be an asset to you.

Very sure on the ball and can pick out a pass.

Thoughts please.

Scott Robertson who just left you's is a much better player. People have always said "but if Clingan could loose a bit of weight" in all his years at playing with killie he never did. He's good passer of the ball, but fails to impress me.

Thoughts please.

I really liked Clingan. He was often left stranded in our midfield due to lack or runners but if he has people working around him he can dictate play well. He also takes a decent set piece.

Scott Robinson who just left you's is a much better player. People have always said "but if Clingan could loose a bit of weight" in all his years at playing with killie he never did. He's good passer of the ball, but fails to impress me.

???

Scott Robinson signed from Hearts, Sammy Clingan is rumored to be signing for Hibs.

Clingan never struck me as overweight, the issue was more to do with him being injury prone.

In short I think your post is total nonsense.

To answer the question - a good player on his day with a good free kick, the issue however is keeping him fit for long spells of the season.

I would take McCulloch for 2 years...him with Connolly would be a fairly solid pairing. Barber and Westlake at RB and LB with O'hara being versitile and competent enough to cover injuries for either of these roles could be a decent defensive side this season with Hamill and or Robinson just infront of the defence.

Mckenzie, Johnston, Higgenbotham, Obadeyi and Magennes, if fit all work hard enough, Boyd upfront on his own again to scrape us enough 1-0 wins to avoid relegation hopefully.

Its going to be a another long season.

Richard Foster signed for County.

Thought he could have been a good addition as we are lacking in full backs with any sort of quality.

Definitely need a LB.

At RB I'd stick O'Hara as I wouldn't let Ross Barbour even near the squad.

Waste of a shirt IMO.

Archived