Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did say fairly, He is the kind of person who sticks out in the oppositions team so that for us would be a good thing, we lack any character and he is definately more solid than we are used to of late.

He would've been half decent three (maybe even two) years ago.

He's finished now.

He would've been half decent three (maybe even two) years ago.

He's finished now.

If you're stuck he's the kind of guy that would be decent for 3/4 games to cover an injury but playing 40+ games then he definitely would be found lacking.

I did say fairly, He is the kind of person who sticks out in the oppositions team so that for us would be a good thing, we lack any character and he is definately more solid than we are used to of late.

He sticks out cos he's sh1te.

Finished.

Richard Foster signed for County.

Thought he could have been a good addition as we are lacking in full backs with any sort of quality.

Definitely need a LB.

At RB I'd stick O'Hara as I wouldn't let Ross Barbour even near the squad.

Waste of a shirt IMO.

I think O'Hara was great last season, and I definately would have him in my side if he could get himself a bit stronger

Sammy Clingan would do well in the Championship. Brought in to replace Liam Kelly, and whilst he never quite did that, he was a solid player for us over a number of years.

Plus, surely it's not even a question about whether Barbour should GTF or not? Absolutely brutal. We need a left-back asap.

McCulloch

I agree that he would be acceptable as a back-up defender. Syme is a great talent, but is he ready for the Premiership? I'd be far happier to see him go on loan to Ayr e.g. and us bring McCulloch into the team should we need to replace someone.

Also, our team was ridiculously naive at times last season, and could do with being coached how to use the 'dark arts' to their advantage. A wee nudge here or a rake of the studs there could come in very handy at times. I want teams to play us and think "aw f**k, not them" instead of "aw it's just Killie".

I think O'Hara was great last season, and I definately would have him in my side if he could get himself a bit stronger

I'm definitely a fan of O'Hara.

Nobody has a clue what position he plays though.

I'd stick him up front.

Played everywhere else.

I think he will do fine for a season, even if he is a bit part player due to fitness or injury, he would be a good signing for a team in our position. And likley be our second highest scorer at the end of the season.

Second highest scorer?

Cmon mate.

Josh will bang in 10+.

I agree that he would be acceptable as a back-up defender. Syme is a great talent, but is he ready for the Premiership? I'd be far happier to see him go on loan to Ayr e.g. and us bring McCulloch into the team should we need to replace someone.

Also, our team was ridiculously naive at times last season, and could do with being coached how to use the 'dark arts' to their advantage. A wee nudge here or a rake of the studs there could come in very handy at times. I want teams to play us and think "aw f**k, not them" instead of "aw it's just Killie".

Yeah teaching of such arts wouldnt go a miss, we have a few decent young defenders but none of them have any dig really. McCulloch, Connolly and Hamill as a backbone can give our younger talanted players a bit more confidence to be more creative going forwards knowing that they have a experienced unit behind them to sweep up. For me this season is about staying in the Prem If we do better than that its a bonus.

What are the overall views on the signings so far? I think its good we got Boyd back, he can benefit us off the park, and hopefully, on the park, athough I trust he will score goals for us despite his howler season with Rangers. Although, I think we need 1 last striker at a young age with potential, or a young(ish) striker who can still last on the park no problems but also has experience to step up to the mark, can't rely on the oldies to last 90+ minutes. I am also interested in seeing what Higginbotham can do for us. Don't know to much about Robinson, and MacDonald will be a great addition to the GK position

Christ almighty, McCulloch & Hamill in the same team !Some players are going to get a right kicking this season.

Were rumours of Ian Black a few weeks back.

McCulloch, Black and Hamill.

Literally the most hated team in Scottish football if we had those 3 haha.

Archived