Kilmarnock Summer Transfer 2015

Trying way too hard.

Not all of us have > 10000 season ticket holders and can afford a Director of Football to bring in quality additions from all over the world (oh, and an average striker who got released by a Greek club).

Looking at the additions we've brought in, it's generally an improvement on last season's signings. Boyd > Miller, Higginbotham > Cairney, Smith > Chantler (just). With Findlay coming in on loan we've recruited fairly well, and most Killie fans are pleased with Locke's work this summer. If the season were to start tomorrow, a team of:

MacDonald

Westlake Connolly Findlay Smith

Hamill/Robinson Slater

Obadeyi Higginbotham

Magennis Boyd

would do me just fine, thank you. Especially with Ashcroft, Kiltie, McKenzie, Johnston, Splaine etc etc all pushing for a spot in the team.

Aye it's not very 'out-the-box' or adventurous, but it's an improvement on recent years and we need a few solid, unremarkebable seasons in the top flight to help our youth and fitness plans come to fruition.

You stick to Hearts and your delusions of grandeur, we'll stick to Killie and dealing with what we've got.

Thats not a bad side at all really, I like that we have some decent competition for attacking positions. Hopefully Magennis will show a bit more composure when he knows there are some good young boys after his spot rathar than the shite we had last season. I think Obadeyi has to prove himself this season hes not been consistant enough. I'd take McKenzie or Johnston over him anyday, Johnston was great last time Boyd was here and he was coming into really good form again at the end of last season, he is my tip for our player of the year.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know that? All I've read about him has been positive. Tall, pace, composed... Sounds like exactly what we need.

I've heard the same from Celtic fans. He looks like a great signing for us.

An experienced player like Neil collins wood have been better

Not sure anyone can make the comparison considering very few of us have seen both playing. Findlay's reports have been excellent, so he'd be a very decent squad addition. Collins on paper looks good - Killie fan, experienced, played for big(ish) clubs. However, we don't know his wage situation, family situation (i.e. his family may be settled down south) etc.

For all we know, GL has already sounded Collins out but it wasn't a goer for whatever reason. Let's not get tied up in "what ifs" and focus on what we do have. The sooner Eremenko joins Pascali in joining someone else the sooner a large % of our support can try to get over him and look to the future.

The same for those looking for us to sign Ben Gordon. The guy was average in his second spell here, poor at Ross County and has went downhill fast in recent years. Look to the future, not the past.

Not sure anyone can make the comparison considering very few of us have seen both playing. Findlay's reports have been excellent, so he'd be a very decent squad addition. Collins on paper looks good - Killie fan, experienced, played for big(ish) clubs. However, we don't know his wage situation, family situation (i.e. his family may be settled down south) etc.

For all we know, GL has already sounded Collins out but it wasn't a goer for whatever reason. Let's not get tied up in "what ifs" and focus on what we do have. The sooner Eremenko joins Pascali in joining someone else the sooner a large % of our support can try to get over him and look to the future.

The same for those looking for us to sign Ben Gordon. The guy was average in his second spell here, poor at Ross County and has went downhill fast in recent years. Look to the future, not the past.

Most can't look past them.

Especially Eremenko.

I'm honestly glad he's away.

The fandom around him is embarrassing at times.

Papers reporting Findlay is basically a done deal.

He's also out of contract next summer so if all goes well we could possibly sign him up on a pre contract in January.

It seems as though Dale Carrick is close to joining Killie on a permanent deal rather than a loan. Although he's a hard worker and more of a Kenny Miller type than a Kris Boyd type, I'd say craigkillie's assessment is harsh. Aside from being pretty quick, he did look a nothing player when he first broke into the Hearts team but once he bulked up and became first choice in the second half of our relegation season he showed he can be an effective player at this level even as a lone striker. He was partly responsible for our up-turn in form because of his ability to work hard, hold the ball up well and link with our attacking players as well as chipping in with a very decent 6 goals in 14 starts.

He was injured for pretty much all of last season and that saw him fall down the pecking order after starting the first game at Ibrox. If you can keep him fit, though, I think it's potentially a very good signing. After Eckersley he's possibly the player I'm most disappointed to see go this summer, I'd certainly be more disappointed than I was for Robinson, for example.

Carrick setting up a goal against Man City:

2 goals against Cowdenbeath:

I'm gutted to see Carrick go tbh. He has a lot of good attributes and it was really starting to come together for him before his injuries last year. Was hoping we'd use this season to try and get him fit and see him kick on. Much more disappointed losing him than I was with Keatings, I think he's a much better all rounder.

Papers reporting Findlay is basically a done deal.

He's also out of contract next summer so if all goes well we could possibly sign him up on a pre contract in January.

This would be ideal, really looking forward to see who this lad plays and all hearts fans seem to be raving about Dale Carrick. Superb

I'm gutted to see Carrick go tbh. He has a lot of good attributes and it was really starting to come together for him before his injuries last year. Was hoping we'd use this season to try and get him fit and see him kick on. Much more disappointed losing him than I was with Keatings, I think he's a much better all rounder.

Kilmarnock sign Carrick deal?

This would be ideal, really looking forward to see who this lad plays and all hearts fans seem to be raving about Dale Carrick. Superb

I don't mean to hype him up too much because all we've really got to go on is a 4 month spell in early 2014 and he's had injury problems since. I'd say it's potentially a good signing, though, based on what I've seen.

I don't mean to hype him up too much because all we've really got to go on is a 4 month spell in early 2014 and he's had injury problems since. I'd say it's potentially a good signing, though, based on what I've seen.

I imagine he'll start the season as a backup to Magennis if we're going with two upfront. Good competition though and certainly better than Miller/Eccleston.

Still don't know how to get pictures onto this. But i said the club was approaching 3000 tickets, and someone asked where i saw this from. Its on killie facebook account. This is it straight copied and pasted

We are closing in on 3,000, please help us get there by sharing our updates- The QTS family first ticket is fantastic value- up to two adults and two under 16s are just £340

Archived