Wayward Pines

Zamora Fan

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What. The. f**k. Is. Going. On? This is going to be one of those programmes that gets canned before we found out any real answers isn't it.

Reading the books is probably the way to go if you want answers. The plot makes some kind of sense on the page, even if the scenario is highly implausible. Some of what has happened in the series so far makes no sense, even if you have read the book(s). For instance, in the last episode the protagonist starts scaling the cliffs that surround Wayward Pines, looking for a way out. In the novel, this happens before, not after, he is reunited with his family. He only becomes sheriff right at the end of the first book of the trilogy, it happens much earlier in the series for some reason. Certain events from the book, that ostensibly happen later than the cliff-scaling escape attempt, make no sense with Burke as sheriff, so either they have been cut out or substantially rewritten. I am not sure if the series is supposed to be an adaption of just the first novel, or the entire trilogy, though the accelerated series of events so far suggests they might try to condense the entire saga into 10 episodes. IMO, the series could do to slow down a bit, and give more of a flavour of the town and the people that live in it. It's too plot-driven and too frenetically paced for my taste.

• 1 month later...

The finale to this is on tonight at 9 on Fox. Been a decent series, nothing spectacular but entertaining enough all the same. Very different from the book series and interested to see how they finish it on TV.

Pretty disappointed tbh. Silly ending that didn't really make much sense and made the whole series pointless.

Ethan and Pilcher's deaths, neither of which happened in the book, were particularly stupid. Ethan could of armed the bomb then went up, rather than committing suicide for nothing other than a "sad hero death" for the show. He killed about 10 abbies ffs. Pam's transformation didn't really fit after how she was portrayed at the start- I preferred the book's version of her where she was a straight up psycho tbh. Her killing Pilcher was pretty unnecessary.

All in all a bad ending to a decent show- read the books if you want a proper ending to that.

Without too many spoilers, are the endings (between the book and the tv) wildly different?

Yeah it's a pretty big difference. It's hard to say without spoilers but I guess in the book it's about as hopeful and as close to a happy ending as they'll get- more importantly it's a definitive ending to the story that had been told. None of the first generation stuff happened in the books.

Yeah it's a pretty big difference. It's hard to say without spoilers but I guess in the book it's about as hopeful and as close to a happy ending as they'll get- more importantly it's a definitive ending to the story that had been told. None of the first generation stuff happened in the books.

PM me, it's highly unlikely I'll ever get time to read the books

As I said to Zamora Fan, I found the ending highly implausible. So we're supposed to believe that

a bunch of kids emerge from the ark, overthrow the adults and put them into cold storage? Pish.

Archived