League 1 Team of the Year

Having seen Gaston a lot this season I was surprised that he wasn't in the team. Can't judge Douglas as I've only seen him once. He must have had a brilliant season to get in ahead of Gaston.

I think who ever has picked this team has only a peripheral knowledge of league 1. Two left backs?? Douglas over Gaston? Swankie and Barr in the same team?

From Morton, Mark Russell is tremendous going forward but for a fullback, still has a lot to learn about defending. Ross Forbes has been a revelation for us since joining in January and I have not seen a more effective midfielder in this league. McManus is a no brainer. Gaston is the best keeper in the league imho (in a league with a number of decent keepers!) having seen them all at least three times.

I think who ever has picked this team has only a peripheral knowledge of league 1. Two left backs?? Douglas over Gaston? Swankie and Barr in the same team?

From Morton, Mark Russell is tremendous going forward but for a fullback, still has a lot to learn about defending. Ross Forbes has been a revelation for us since joining in January and I have not seen a more effective midfielder in this league. McManus is a no brainer. Gaston is the best keeper in the league imho (in a league with a number of decent keepers!) having seen them all at least three times.

The league 1 players picked this team I believe . It is based on a voting system so you can't get more democratic than that. Peripheral ? don't think so.

Archived