The Airdrieonians Off Season Thread 2015

The chairman has said that we have the potential to attract more home fans than Hamilton if we were in the top flight so I think that can still be the case but you have to remember crowds at all clubs are down due to a number of factors such as poor product,cost of matches,other attractions etc.

• Replies 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree the price has to be dropped to around £16 for the spl and to £13 for the championship a tenner for first and second ...I think if we go up we could at least get back to 1500/1600 home fans with that riseing again if we ever make it to the spl . You have to wonder how is a club like Hamilton still running payin spl wages on around 400/500 home fans at games ...I do think a revamp of scottish football to the summer would make the the number of fans rise across the board after last weeks call offs surely they must be looking in to it .

Agree the price has to be dropped to around £16 for the spl and to £13 for the championship a tenner for first and second ...I think if we go up we could at least get back to 1500/1600 home fans with that riseing again if we ever make it to the spl . You have to wonder how is a club like Hamilton still running payin spl wages on around 400/500 home fans at games ...I do think a revamp of scottish football to the summer would make the the number of fans rise across the board after last weeks call offs surely they must be looking in to it .

You think we will get 1600 home fans in the championship ? Hope so mate but seems awfully ambitious

We wouldn't get over 1000 home fans unless we were top half of the Championship and going really well.

I agree. We've lost a lot of folk that won't come back no matter what. We might get a few extra bums on seats if we were doing well but not much.

You just need to look at the Dundee Utd game. In the past that would have attracted a higher than average home support due to folk 'coming out for the cup' and a few neutrals but I think I'm right in saying that our support wasn't much bigger than what we've been getting in the league.

Here's the average attendances and final league positions for every season we've been in the second tier since the club was reformed:

2004-05 - 2,013 (5th)
2005-06 - 1,426 (6th)

2006-07 - 1,425 (9th)

2008-09 - 1,347 (9th)

2009 -10 - 1,080 (9th)

2012-13 - 933 (10th)

(from http://www.airdriefc.talktalk.net/)

So there does seem to be a decent latent support in the town - some of those seasons were utterly terrible to watch, after all. I would hope that planning, knowing what division we'd be in, not being managed by Kenny Black etc. would help us to get a decent standard of football that would offset some of the genuinely lost support.

I don't understand the logic in dropping Watt rather than Fitzpatrick. Nor do I understand why we continue to play O'Neil at left - back when we've now signed one.

To do well in this league, all you have to do is play your best players in their best positions and play simple but effective football. But yet we can't do this.

Fitzpatrick is dire should never be in the team picks the wrong pass 90% of the time ,let's players jog past him and sky's easy shots miles over the bar

Do you think Faria is going to be any better, somehow I don't think so if yesterday is anything to go by.We pulled a result out of the bag when Lister and Prunts came on against the Rovers, we play 2 up front against United and played well but were unlucky so why the f**k change it against Brechin, IMO the guys who were brought in shouldn't have had the divine right to start against Brechin but I've a funny feeling there agent is Alan Love the silent shareholder and our club is being used as a platform for his players, although I could be wrong, rant over

Watt should be starting with Hugo if Hugo's going to have the team built around him .i feel it was play them and see how it turns out but feel Fitzpatrick Is the one that will be dropped and as pointed out with him in the team we have bein nothing short of shite Barr the odd flashes of greatness..agree the changes from the Dundee game where a bit much and we should have stuck with the same team with only small changes being made.. Lister and prunty are lucky to last 70mins now due to lack of fitness and age but should start and are a stick on to bang a few goals in .in regarded to Alan love useing the club I think that's a bit much more a case of EwB tryin to find a system to witch suits his style of play with the players we have ---granted he has brought in enough players to witch we should be seeing improvements and I feel it's a matter of time till it clicks.

once Macdonald is fit and takes the left back role and o'neil at right back the back line should be soild , cox /brown on the right watt & faria in the middle and Cadden on the left and rotation of lister ,prunty ,mackin and cox up front .that team should have us in the play offs

Watt should be starting with Hugo if Hugo's going to have the team built around him .i feel it was play them and see how it turns out but feel Fitzpatrick Is the one that will be dropped and as pointed out with him in the team we have bein nothing short of shite Barr the odd flashes of greatness..agree the changes from the Dundee game where a bit much and we should have stuck with the same team with only small changes being made.. Lister and prunty are lucky to last 70mins now due to lack of fitness and age but should start and are a stick on to bang a few goals in .in regarded to Alan love useing the club I think that's a bit much more a case of EwB tryin to find a system to witch suits his style of play with the players we have ---granted he has brought in enough players to witch we should be seeing improvements and I feel it's a matter of time till it clicks.

once Macdonald is fit and takes the left back role and o'neil at right back the back line should be soild , cox /brown on the right watt & faria in the middle and Cadden on the left and rotation of lister ,prunty ,mackin and cox up front .that team should have us in the play offs

Am I missing something here or do you know something everyone else doesn't who has ever mentioned building a team around Faria, You would need to be a fucking idiot to build a team around a 33 year old, then again we have EWB so there's the idiot, and if the rumours are true about you being IK you will know what's going on,A quote from you,Lister and Prunty are lucky to last 70 minutes now due to fitness and age (so let's build a team round a 33 year old)

Am I missing something here or do you know something everyone else doesn't who has ever mentioned building a team around Faria, You would need to be a fucking idiot to build a team around a 33 year old, then again we have EWB so there's the idiot, and if the rumours are true about you being IK you will know what's going on,A quote from you,Lister and Prunty are lucky to last 70 minutes now due to fitness and age (so let's build a team round a 33 year old)

the fact they gave him guy a two a a half year deal says it all...not realy going to be handing contracts like that out for a bit part player ....and as to the lister/ prunty comment they have a lot more running to do playing up front where if ur a holding midfield player you tend to run about half of what a forward would in a game

the fact they have him guy a two a a half year deal says it all...not realy going to be handing contracts like that out for a bit part player ....and as to the lister/ prunty comment they have a lot more running to do playing up front where if ur a holding midfield player you tend to run about half of what a forward would in a game

Let's not beat about the bush here the only reason he got a 2 and a half year deal is because of who his agent is, so f**k off back into your manhole and stop thinking all us true fans can't see what's going on

Let's not beat about the bush here the only reason he got a 2 and a half year deal is because of who his agent is, so f**k off back into your manhole and stop thinking all us true fans can't see what's going on

that's your view on it and your in every right to think what you what but tbh Fitzpatrick is guff and faria is here to help him /step in what every way you see it it's a done deal....fuk off yerself pal ave bein airdrie all ma days just because a used the same name as what the new news letter turned out to be don't make me a fake fan or Ian king.... far too many negative airdrie fans these days

that's your view on it and your in every right to think what you what but tbh Fitzpatrick is guff and faria is here to help him /step in what every way you see it it's a done deal....fuk off yerself pal ave bein a airdrie all ma days just because a used the same name as when the new news letter turned out to be don't make me a fake fan or Ian king.... far too many negative airdrie fans these days

Look your kidding no one, piss off dickhead

Haud the bus, you gave Faria - a 32 year old - a 2 and a half year deal? That's crazy, you never hear of deals of that length at this level.

Archived